Strike out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
22 innings and 1 walk. 80% strike on first pitch. 74% strikes. 9% swing and miss. 2.8 pitches per batter. 8 strike outs

Other kid 30 innings and 4 walks. 70% first pitch. 73% strikes. 15% swing and miss. 2.8 per batter. 24 strike outs.

My DD ERA and hits are considerably better. I’m not sure which one is better both solid.
Too many strikes. Not enough swing and miss. Need her RB to be out of the zone almost every time she throws it. And more first pitch RBs(out of the zone). I think you will be surprised how many times they swing and miss a first pitch RB and with her control she can afford ball one if they happen to take.

Jan 28, 2017
Too many strikes. Not enough swing and miss. Need her RB to be out of the zone almost every time she throws it. And more first pitch RBs(out of the zone). I think you will be surprised how many times they swing and miss a first pitch RB and with her control she can afford ball one if they happen to take.
Rise is least used pitch. I have used it more as a brush back pitch. Probably should do it earlier in the count. Interesting that all her TB catchers has always talked about how good it is but nobody swings at it. I was surprised at the first pitch strike percentage. She gets a lot of very soft outs but not enough misses.

Jun 8, 2016
Personally I wouldn’t worry about unless you think what she is doing now won’t work at whatever the next level she is going to play at and it is something to do with her skill set vs your pitch calling 😀

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Outside to RH hitters. Has good down and away movement. Throws mid 50's and change consistently 42.
If you want to try something 'outside the box' have her throw the change down and in. I frequently see hitters foul off or spoil the low and away change, but swing over the inside change. I think this works on many hitters because they have to use 'scaling' (change in size) to determine velocity and not 'trajectory'. Similar to an outfielder having trouble judging a line drive hit right at them, vs one that is hit to one side or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy