Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
On several occasions I have quietly told a catcher, "you know, I can see you move your glove" when they try to pull a pitch into the strike zone and hold it for me.

Interesting quote. mostly because the strike zone is at the plate not at the catchers glove. Its impossible for a catcher to move the glove into the zone without stepping forward so I don't even understand why it would matter, And it does work even though most umpires don't like to admit it. As a pitchers dad with good movement I cant stand glove watching umpires. As for the OP there is no place for that in Fast pitch and there should be some way of disciplining the coach.I cant believe those players came up with that Idea on there own.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I cant believe those players came up with that Idea on there own.

Where did you get that idea? It appears that this was planned during the meeting on the mound with the coach just before the final pitch. You can also see the catcher looking to the dugout for (what is likely to be) confirmation before giving the sign to the pitcher.

Mar 26, 2013
I've been wondering what the reaction to this video would be here. I'm pleasantly surprised the overwhelming reaction has been to condemn the action.

The odd part is nobody in SoCal knew this happened until the video was posted Nov 26 - about 7 weeks after it happened.

There are 2 Cal Cruisers 18U teams and this one is run by the head of the organization, Mel Sievers. He is the one that went out to the circle. The chirping you hear on the video is from spectators, not the coaches.

Jun 22, 2008
Interesting quote. mostly because the strike zone is at the plate not at the catchers glove. Its impossible for a catcher to move the glove into the zone without stepping forward so I don't even understand why it would matter, And it does work even though most umpires don't like to admit it. As a pitchers dad with good movement I cant stand glove watching umpires. As for the OP there is no place for that in Fast pitch and there should be some way of disciplining the coach.I cant believe those players came up with that Idea on there own.

Bucket, is it really necessary to go into a detailed description of framing a pitch since everyone knows exactly what it is?

Jul 26, 2010
The catcher and pitcher should be sentenced to studying Nazi history for 6 months. It's full of all sorts of people doing what they were told to do by their superiors. The coach of the Cruisers should be fired.

-W

Jun 22, 2008
The chirping you hear on the video is from spectators, not the coaches.

Socal, toward beginning of game you can definitely pick out the coach chirping from the dugout. At one point he physically comes out onto the field in camera frame and wants to know where the pitch was and argues the pitch was not down. You can hear him continuing to chirp as he heads back into the dugout. Off and on through the game you can continue to hear him make comments about you have to adjust etc.

If he is the head of the organization, than you can bet nothing will be done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle