Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I will admit that if I had telekinetic powers, there is one time where I would have diverted the ball hit an ump. I wouldn't involved girls on my team in my evil deeds but I have met an ump that needed a bruise. I'm not saying I would've felt good about it, just saying in that situation, I know myself and I would've used my powers for evil if I had them.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I get what you're saying JJ, but why go looking for things to regret. If you're like me, you unintentionally do things you regret on a pretty consistent basis already.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
I just watched the whole game. In the last inning, when CC made the pitching change... that girl was all over the place. And a couple of those pitches that they were complaining about were in fact balls. I did find it amusing that the parents of this Gold team are out of control.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
I will admit that if I had telekinetic powers, there is one time where I would have diverted the ball hit an ump. I wouldn't involved girls on my team in my evil deeds but I have met an ump that needed a bruise. I'm not saying I would've felt good about it, just saying in that situation, I know myself and I would've used my powers for evil if I had them.

And I will admit as an umpire that had I been able to direct foul balls toward certain coaches I would have done so :cool:

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
No ump deserves this. If his strike zone was not to the pitcher's liking she has to adjust, just like everyone else. The ball four on this video was obviously pulled up 6 inches by the catcher. Based on how much movement there was by the catcher, I have to assume the pitch was low and a ball.

I probably shouldn't but I tell catchers "if you felt you had to move your glove that far to frame it, you know it wasn't a strike".

Jun 22, 2008
I probably shouldn't but I tell catchers "if you felt you had to move your glove that far to frame it, you know it wasn't a strike".

On several occasions I have quietly told a catcher, "you know, I can see you move your glove" when they try to pull a pitch into the strike zone and hold it for me.

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
I think I'd tell my daughter to take it one step further: give the coach the ball, tell him/her you will not be a part of a team where the coach tells you to do that, tell the umpire what the coach told you to do, take all your personal gear and go home. Leave the field right then and there. Leave all the team stuff, because we aren't going to need it anymore. No way, no hell we'll be a part of anything like that.

I would hope that's what either of my kids would do. Not really 100% sure though how they'd react if a coach put them in that position, especially in the heat of the game, if they were also frustrated with the umpire, were hesitant to go against the coach, etc. I could see them being conflicted for sure. What an awful position to put a kid in.

We'll definitely watch the video and have a discussion tonight. Thanks for posting this

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle