Twitter blowing up about 7th grade rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
Legends and Legacy has ties at each position. Extra Innings doesn't. I agree, being tied for 78th with 6 other girls is extra silly.
Have to wonder what the response would be if you asked the person doing the rankings "What makes this girl #98 and this one #99? What separates them?". lol........ can only imagine the look you would get.

Oct 4, 2018
Have to wonder what the response would be if you asked the person doing the rankings "What makes this girl #98 and this one #99? What separates them?". lol........ can only imagine the look you would get.

Agreed.

But you can say that about any rankings of any players, at any level. There are ongoing arguments about the top 10 NBA and MLB players of all time, any day of the week on social media.

Jun 27, 2021
This whole topic reminds me of this recent situation when DD's Coach had one of those recruiting services come into their practice, the 'scouts' assessed them and then told all the parents after the assessments, they would announce which girls would be selected to be represented by this company. Of course, girls and families were so excited to be selected. What a fabulous way for this service to get a sale! $$$ 💸 these girls are young 14u (7th and 8th grade) ...
Scam

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yeah, we were in a tournament in FL last weekend and for a mere $75 you could go a day early and get your stats measured and posted on a web site.

Hard pass.
During DD's recruiting era. No college coach asked about metrics of any player they were recruiting. She did some On Deck events but her metrics didn't stand out enough to get invited to the Colorado Jamboree. If you are a top 5% player, you will get invited for the P5's to oogle after you. If your skillset is anything below, I don't see the value in On Deck. At least from my view.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Legends and Legacy has ties at each position. Extra Innings doesn't. I agree, being tied for 78th with 6 other girls is extra silly.

Extra Innings most certainly has 2-3-4+ way ties for the overall top 100 ranking. Maybe not for the position ranking for overall 100 ranking there’s more than 200 athletes on that list consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
Extra Innings most certainly has 2-3-4+ way ties for the overall top 100 ranking. Maybe not for the position ranking for overall 100 ranking there’s more than 200 athletes on that list consistently.

Hmm... not the lists I'm seeing. They do rank up to 200 though.

Can you show me the ties you're seeing?

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Hmm... not the lists I'm seeing. They do rank up to 200 though.

Can you show me the ties you're seeing?

2022 final Top 100. First 10 players only comprises up to position 4 on the list.
eacf8fb2f1a71fd45795c8b9febe86a7.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying