State Allstar games in Lancaster

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Unless we get a magic text asking for DD to pick up we don't have softball this coming weekend either. City will not allow me to torch my garden so I guess if I get too bored I can do yard work. :/

May 24, 2013
So Cal
California. Site of the So Cal ASA "B" State Championship tournament.

Of all the beautiful places and wonderful facilities in So Cal, I'm stunned that they use Lancaster as the location for the State tournament. Maybe it's so everyone will have to stay in a hotel, and suffer through the miserably hot weather conditions and ugly scenery. I was also very disappointed with the park used for the 8U games. There was no snack bar, no shade, and a long hike to the bathroom. 8-9yo girls aren't known for their large bladders, and needing to go during a game meant missing an inning. Our pitcher, in fact, wet herself a little during one of the games because she had to go so badly. Additionally, the field maintenance was almost non-existent. In 4 games over two days, the infield was never dragged before a game, and only once did we get fresh chalk.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Of all the beautiful places and wonderful facilities in So Cal, I'm stunned that they use Lancaster as the location for the State tournament. Maybe it's so everyone will have to stay in a hotel, and suffer through the miserably hot weather conditions and ugly scenery. I was also very disappointed with the park used for the 8U games. There was no snack bar, no shade, and a long hike to the bathroom. 8-9yo girls aren't known for their large bladders, and needing to go during a game meant missing an inning. Our pitcher, in fact, wet herself a little during one of the games because she had to go so badly. Additionally, the field maintenance was almost non-existent. In 4 games over two days, the infield was never dragged before a game, and only once did we get fresh chalk.

When people think California and vacation Lancaster is not what they have in mind.

Sorry to hear the facilities were lacking but it sounds like your girls still had a great experience.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
When people think California and vacation Lancaster is not what they have in mind.

Exactly.

Sorry to hear the facilities were lacking but it sounds like your girls still had a great experience.

It was an awesome time for the girls, and an experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives. It was really fun to be able to witness their enjoyment of it all.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
California. Site of the So Cal ASA "B" State Championship tournament.

Of all the beautiful places and wonderful facilities in So Cal, I'm stunned that they use Lancaster as the location for the State tournament. Maybe it's so everyone will have to stay in a hotel, and suffer through the miserably hot weather conditions and ugly scenery.

I think they switch it up every couple of years. The last two years, the "C" State tournament has been in Lancaster. This year we are in San Diego (actually Mira Mesa/Miramar area), including opening ceremonies at Qualcomm. Although I do agree with you, Lancaster? Really?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think they switch it up every couple of years. The last two years, the "C" State tournament has been in Lancaster. This year we are in San Diego (actually Mira Mesa/Miramar area), including opening ceremonies at Qualcomm. Although I do agree with you, Lancaster? Really?

You get to go to San Diego?? In addition to the improvement in weather and scenery, Qualcomm is WAY better than JetHawk Stadium. My envy runs cold and deep.

Good luck to you.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
You get to go to San Diego?? In addition to the improvement in weather and scenery, Qualcomm is WAY better than JetHawk Stadium. My envy runs cold and deep.

Good luck to you.

Like I said, the last two years we've been in Lancaster, so we know and appreciate what we are getting. On top of that, we didn't get JetHawk Stadium, so at least you guys got that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz