State Allstar games in Lancaster

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
My DD missed out on this one. She was eliminated early at Districts, so I'm sitting here this weekend bored. Misses wants me to do yard work but I would rather be in Lancaster.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
My DD missed out on this one. She was eliminated early at Districts, so I'm sitting here this weekend bored. Misses wants me to do yard work but I would rather be in Lancaster.

We don't have softball this weekend either. So bored I ended up painting the laundry room. Now that's bored. Lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD's 8U team found out just how they stacked up against the best. They lasted 4 games, and finished in the top 8. Our two losses were blow-outs like we haven't experienced at the hands of Los Alamitos and Santee. At the end of it, our pitchers were totally spent and our defense was blowing routine 4-3 plays. Our usually unflappable 1B was fumbling and bumbling in a way we haven't seen since tournament play began in May.

Overall, it was an awesome All-Star experience for our team from a small league in a place that no one has heard of. Winning the District tournament was our moment of brilliance where all the gears were turning perfectly. Being a part of the State tournament was just icing on the cake. Our girls had a blast and made some lifetime memories.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
No Nationals for 8U (ASA "B"). The State tournament is the end of the road this year.

I was hoping that a majority of these girls would be together for the next couple or years (or longer), but from the sound of the parental rumblings and grumblings, some girls may be moving on to 10U TB instead of staying in the rec league. For my DD, we're planning to work on her biggest weakness (hitting) and have a fun Fall Ball season getting adapted to the 10U rules changes. IMO, the intensity and travel of All-Stars is fine for a short period of time, but not something I want to live with continuously.

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
We don't have softball this weekend either. So bored I ended up painting the laundry room. Now that's bored. Lol
I didn't either. It was awesome! For the first time in 6 months I didn't have a weekend with softball. After 7 weekends in a row of tournaments being gone 20 hrs each weekend I found myself relaxed.........and bored.

Instead I finally finished moving my lawn that I started 4 weeks ago and left unfinished, cleaned the garage, etc.....oh and I checked scores for the so cal tournament every hour. Still couldn't get away from softball.

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
My DD's 8U team found out just how they stacked up against the best. They lasted 4 games, and finished in the top 8. Our two losses were blow-outs like we haven't experienced at the hands of Los Alamitos and Santee. At the end of it, our pitchers were totally spent and our defense was blowing routine 4-3 plays. Our usually unflappable 1B was fumbling and bumbling in a way we haven't seen since tournament play began in May.

Overall, it was an awesome All-Star experience for our team from a small league in a place that no one has heard of. Winning the District tournament was our moment of brilliance where all the gears were turning perfectly. Being a part of the State tournament was just icing on the cake. Our girls had a blast and made some lifetime memories.

Congratulations, sounds like and awesome experience.

Los Alamitos is very good. We played in a tournament with them the last two years and all their teams left with a first or second place trophy.

Santee is very good too. My co-worker's DD plays there and they always do well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz