Rules for passing a runner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
But the runner on 2nd could still go back to first so while there was someone on it there wasn't a force. I may be wrong but think you can do that.
Not sure I understand. if a runner makes it to a base, that base is occupied. just like on a dropped 3rd strike- if the runner on 1B was running on the pitch, 1B is still considered occupied as far as application of the rule goes. in the situation you describe above, the runner at 2B would have to return to 1B before the lead runner running the bases in reverse order caught up to her

Jun 11, 2013
Not sure I understand. if a runner makes it to a base, that base is occupied. just like on a dropped 3rd strike- if the runner on 1B was running on the pitch, 1B is still considered occupied as far as application of the rule goes. in the situation you describe above, the runner at 2B would have to return to 1B before the lead runner running the bases in reverse order caught up to her

Say there is a play where the bases are loaded 1 out. Batter hits a long fly to left field. R1 tags, R2 tags, R3 goes 15 feet down the line realizes it's going to be caught and goes back and tags late. The other 2 runners reach 2nd and 3rd and ball runner from third sees throw heading home and decides to go back to third. Are you saying that she can't because their is already someone there?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Say there is a play where the bases are loaded 1 out. Batter hits a long fly to left field. R1 tags, R2 tags, R3 goes 15 feet down the line realizes it's going to be caught and goes back and tags late. The other 2 runners reach 2nd and 3rd and ball runner from third sees throw heading home and decides to go back to third.

ok, i get what you were saying now. never mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan