Recruiting questions - divisions/conferences/expectations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
My own first World tournament was '92, I was with what would be considered a "mid-major" team and was immediately being courted by the big teams, or what'd be considered a Power 5 school pursuing a recruit. In a year or 2 later, a team from Sioux City IA pursued me. They were sponsored by Gateway computers, and I would've been given a job at the company. I declined the offer because they wouldn't guarantee my employment while allowing me to continue pitching if they ceased sponsoring the team. I didn't want to move there and plant roots only to lose my job if the company stopped sponsoring the team but I would've been no where near retiring at that point. Would the company STILL be ok with me flying out of town every weekend and multiple week long trips to play ball?? They said they couldn't promise that. I think at that point I was on the cusp of making the 2nd most horrible career decision in my life so, I got that think about forever. lol
I recall when the World tournament came to Kimberly, Wisconsin a couple times in the 90s. Went and watched a few games. Thirty years the game has seen a lot of changes.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
I agree 100%, I'm not sure why they were so low on that link posted. Unfortunately, my kid was there for a summer basketball tournament and I asked her if she wanted to walk over to look at the softball field. We got to the baseball field and she basically said, if this is the baseball field, I don't need to see the softball field.
Yes...worst facility in the GLVC....BY FAR!! Just up I-44 in St. Louis is Maryville University...best facility in the GLVC...BY FAR! lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaGranya