Why D1 ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
I watched the 2000 Olympic Team face a team of New England college All Stars in an Exhibition game. The All Stars first pitcher was a ‘92 graduate of Worcester State College, now University, a D3 school. She held that soon to be Gold Medal team to one single in 4 innings!
By hitting her spots and changing speeds.
The next pitcher of the All Stars was a recent D1 graduate, who was faster. She got killed!
That was a Hall of Fame team coached by a Hall of Fame Coach Ralph Raymond.
There are All Americans in the other Divisions too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Through four innings she saw everybody once and a couple players twice. It’s a whole lot different the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time through the lineup. She’s also not facing them up to three games during a weekend series and they don’t bother with scouting for an exhibition game.

All Americans in other divisions don’t compare to top D1. Even most mid major All Americans face a reality check when they transfer to the power conferences.

There’s individual players at D2, D3 etc who can play D1. No lower division team has entire rosters of D1 caliber players and they wouldn’t be the least bit competitive against a top 100 D1 let alone the national champion.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There’s individual players at D2, D3 etc who can play D1. No lower division team has entire rosters of D1 caliber players and they wouldn’t be the least bit competitive against a top 100 D1 let alone the national champion.
I agree. DD had 2 former TB pitcher teammates who ended up being D3 College All Americans. They would have done fine at a mid major. Not so much against legit top 100 programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coachtomri