PE injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
At the beginning of this week DD said they are doing flag football in PE. I said, "Are you kidding me? Tryouts are in a couple of weeks!" Well, just got the call, DD is on her way to the emergency room with an ankle the size of a watermelon. A large boy fell on her. Hopefully it is nothing serious. She seems to be in a good mood despite the ankle. He must have been good looking.

Dec 7, 2011
At the beginning of this week DD said they are doing flag football in PE. I said, "Are you kidding me? Tryouts are in a couple of weeks!" Well, just got the call, DD is on her way to the emergency room with an ankle the size of a watermelon. A large boy fell on her. Hopefully it is nothing serious. She seems to be in a good mood despite the ankle. He must have been good looking.

This absolutely boils my blood! (towards the schools)

We had the same thing last year but it was soccer for us and the result was a damaged meniscus & tweaked MCL. TWO WEEKS before opening day in HS!!!

In our case my DD is the all-state pitcher for their varsity team and is the only hope for them to even win a game and the stupid application of the participation rules at DD's HS forces her out there to risk the season. (remembering she concurrently is getting exercise every day of the week with practice)

Some school districts "exempt" current sports participants from having to do PE class. ALL schools should adopt this option for the families of the student athlete.

What even boils my blood even further is that the PE teacher that was a pain in the azz is also the baseball coach and I KNOW that if it was a varsity baseball pitcher in jeopardy he would have been "holding the teachers whistle" in PE.......

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I never thought it was a good idea to have co-ed PE classes. I am not certain why that trend ever started. I can understand, now, parents that request exemptions.

Oct 10, 2011
This absolutely boils my blood! (towards the schools)

We had the same thing last year but it was soccer for us and the result was a damaged meniscus & tweaked MCL. TWO WEEKS before opening day in HS!!!

In our case my DD is the all-state pitcher for their varsity team and is the only hope for them to even win a game and the stupid application of the participation rules at DD's HS forces her out there to risk the season. (remembering she concurrently is getting exercise every day of the week with practice)

Some school districts "exempt" current sports participants from having to do PE class. ALL schools should adopt this option for the families of the student athlete.

What even boils my blood even further is that the PE teacher that was a pain in the azz is also the baseball coach and I KNOW that if it was a varsity baseball pitcher in jeopardy he would have been "holding the teachers whistle" in PE.......
Wow, that really stinks RB! I hope it's not that bad! My hope is that with all of her training with flexibility, etc...it's not as bad as it looks. It's her dream to be the first Freshman to make varsity in 5 years and has been busting her tail off.

Apr 25, 2010
We never had separate PE classes. They were co-ed my entire school career. My dd hates PE because she says it is impossible for her not to try to win, so she is afraid she will "break something". Last year, they were playing volleyball and she strained her wrist diving for a ball because the other girls were just standing there watching it fall.

Oct 10, 2011
DD beats up on the boys in PE unless they are baseball players, she likes them for some reason.

I bet all of our girls are the same. Always wanting to win. DD came home glowing when she got the most pushups in her class and was ticked when she wasn't the fastest. She said she knows she won't ever be the fastest, but she still wants to try!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
PE used to be about staying in shape. Not seeing if a girl could compete with a boy. I remember a dance class in elementary school, where I picked on a neighborhood boy, because I thought it was fun. The teacher took care of that real quick and I remember it 45 years later.

I applied for a PE job once and was told that they needed a man. When I asked why, they said because of the boy's locker room. I am wondering if women can ever get a job teaching PE, if this is the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl