Newbie to Pitching Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
So much nuance to all of this, really wish I would have studied for a few weeks before we started this journey.
I am not sure that's the best approach. Go out and play catch, and have fun with it. Stop listening to every word written on this site (and probably others you may be seeking advice on too!). Go outside and play catch. Have her watch some pitchers on YouTube and imitate what she sees.

Have her pitch for a while, months even, see if this is what she really wants to do. Don't invest in gadgets, video classes, or anything else until you're 100% sure she wants to do this. Once you get the 100%, then play some more catch and have some more fun. Imitate more pitchers. She'll start to notice similarities between the pitchers.

I think too many people focus on the buzzwords.

Jun 24, 2024
I am not sure that's the best approach. Go out and play catch, and have fun with it. Stop listening to every word written on this site (and probably others you may be seeking advice on too!). Go outside and play catch. Have her watch some pitchers on YouTube and imitate what she sees.

Have her pitch for a while, months even, see if this is what she really wants to do. Don't invest in gadgets, video classes, or anything else until you're 100% sure she wants to do this. Once you get the 100%, then play some more catch and have some more fun. Imitate more pitchers. She'll start to notice similarities between the pitchers.

I think too many people focus on the buzzwords.

Great advice! I think we will do just that, I will take a step back (from a "helping with her technique" point of view), let her pitch, & me sitting on the bucket. Just make sure she is doing the basics and having fun.

Jeremy

Nov 7, 2022
Great advice! I think we will do just that, I will take a step back (from a "helping with her technique" point of view), let her pitch, & me sitting on the bucket. Just make sure she is doing the basics and having fun.

Jeremy

It’s taken me months of going to lessons with my girls to understand mechanics on a basic level at best. My younger kid started before my older kid with pitching so we always did the real basics. 6,12 o’clock tosses is about it for like a year. Now we do heel pop rear foot and 45 front foot with arm circles as warm ups. As long as she’s seeing some results and is having fun, you’re going to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831