Nice weather at PGF Nationals So Cal.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Right so they didn't want to bother with Tier 2 like I said.. ;)
Yes I commented to that earlier. That kind of says the structure of the alliance venue at that point has no meaning to them.

Yeah ...can understand for some, why play when the players on an 18u team are going to go off to college within a week of that tournament some of them already have flights planned to get going. They want to make a run at the top of the tournament and didn't make it so they moved on.

Jan 22, 2011
By follow, I meant on Twitter..not in the David Koresh sense.

The games in Indiana were last week. The Alliance games this week are in SoCal (14U Championships). If you enjoy watching Corona Angels/Athletics Mercado/Batbusters/Firecrackers you should go watch...the orgs have over 40 teams in it :ROFLMAO:

Two players that will be playing on my DD's HS team are playing Alliance this week in Chino Hills and two others are playing PGF. Interesting that my DD's team was told they couldn't play PGF and our parents didn't want to travel to Indiana, but there are teams wearing the same name on the front of her uniform that played PGF last week and this week.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Two players that will be playing on my DD's HS team are playing Alliance this week in Chino Hills and two others are playing PGF. Interesting that my DD's team was told they couldn't play PGF and our parents didn't want to travel to Indiana, but there are teams wearing the same name on the front of her uniform that played PGF last week and this week.
SOME coaches/parents/players had the backbone to say NO. Your coach didn't. No, we can't afford to travel to Indiana. We are not going to Indiana. If you choose to dictate us to go to Indiana, we will find another org. that would gladly take our money. It is all about money and slowly but surely parents and coaches are saying NO.
Alliance format (PGF's is not perfect either) is more about how well a coach can manage a large roster. You really can't compete in Alliance without 4 pitchers. So, is it about exposure for the players or the coaches?

Jun 8, 2016
SOME coaches/parents/players had the backbone to say NO. Your coach didn't. No, we can't afford to travel to Indiana. We are not going to Indiana. If you choose to dictate us to go to Indiana, we will find another org. that would gladly take our money. It is all about money and slowly but surely parents and coaches are saying NO.
Alliance format (PGF's is not perfect either) is more about how well a coach can manage a large roster. You really can't compete in Alliance without 4 pitchers. So, is it about exposure for the players or the coaches?
I get the money thing but realistically how many times a year does a team from SoCal have to (not how many times do teams do it but HAVE to do it..) travel out of SoCal to play good competition? Compare that to most other locations in the country and you are not going to get much sympathy from many people outside of CA…That said I do agree with taking a stance if you feel like you are being forced into a corner.

With regards to format I don’t think there is a huge difference plus of all the teams in the country the CA teams seem most equipped to be able to handle it if there is a huge difference. Three quarters of the CA teams DD has played or I have seen play carry 17-22 kids from 12u and above..

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Way to pay attention to those details 👍

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I get the money thing but realistically how many times a year does a team from SoCal have to (not how many times do teams do it but HAVE to do it..) travel out of SoCal to play good competition?
Very plausibly never!

Compare that to most other locations in the country and you are not going to get much sympathy from many people outside of CA…That said I do agree with taking a stance if you feel like you are being forced into a corner.
Make good choices. Nobody is being kidnapped and forced to pay a ransom to play on a team.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
When and if parents question this situation be prepared for an answer like...."Well, um, the Org. allowed um, some of our less competitive teams to play pgf because blah blah blah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck