Nice weather at PGF Nationals So Cal.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
14’s will likely be in OKC next year (it has been in FL and SoCal the last two years). Will be interesting to see if the team pool is a bit more diverse…
How about smaller? I predict that more So Cal 14u 08 teams/players/parents that were dictated to play Alliance might be looking for a new Organization. They played along this year because it was held in SoCal but have little desire to go to OKC next year in August. This tryout season will be very interesting.

The weather in SoCal is currently warmer and more humid than normal. Fountain Valley will be 82 degrees but 65% humidity. Not complaining but 65% humidity is a little stickier than normal. Riverside will be 95ish and 35% humidity. Again, more humid than normal.

Jun 8, 2016
How about smaller? I predict that more So Cal 14u 08 teams/players/parents that were dictated to play Alliance might be looking for a new Organization. They played along this year because it was held in SoCal but have little desire to go to OKC next year in August. This tryout season will be very interesting.

The weather in SoCal is currently warmer and more humid than normal. Fountain Valley will be 82 degrees but 65% humidity. Not complaining but 65% humidity is a little stickier than normal. Riverside will be 95ish and 35% humidity. Again, more humid than normal.
Could be smaller. Don’t really care tbh. I don’t get a discount when she plays in a huge tournament. The competition will be pretty good either way. I doubt the top Batbusters/Angels/Athletics teams will be hurting for players and they will be there..I don't really care if the 30 other teams show or not.

How many teams went to Indiana last week for 16’s and 18’s (123 and 89 respectively..)? My guess is it will be slightly less than 18’s and much less than 16’s (just from a recruiting perspective 14's are not going to travel as much) so similar to this year for 14's (70 or so) with less CA teams but more teams from the Midwest.

It is kind of ironic that we are supposed to be ok with CA teams complaining because they have to go out of State every few years but teams from other parts of the country are supposed to be happy with traveling to CA every year 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Do agree that where Alliance will be held for what age brackets could sway California players to stay in California for pgf because money is influential on the cost of living budget.

Good thing to have a choice of who to play for.

Jun 20, 2015
I only really followed the 16u PGF because the Ohio Hawks team had an incredible run there to finish #2 in platinum bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck