Nice weather at PGF Nationals So Cal.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2017
We're in central Louisiana and the kids know during the winter (if not in school) and temperatures above 50, we're hitting.

I read somewhere that Alo hit a big grocery cart full of balls a day. Probably not true but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I read somewhere that Alo hit a big grocery cart full of balls a day. Probably not true but who knows.

Yeah an ESPN article last year said she would hit 500 balls twice a day, every day. Not sure I believe that number but I do believe she hit a lot..

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
With all the money we spend on travel ball, a backyard batting cage with L-Screen should be standard equipment.

Well, I do not have room for a batting cage but a bucket of ball, a tee, a bownet, and a screen is a must own. A small park with some dirt nearby also required.

May 27, 2022
We're in central Louisiana and the kids know during the winter (if not in school) and temperatures above 50, we're hitting.

We've got access to the local HS practice field and the coach leaves a net out for us.

It takes my daughters a grocery cart full of balls just to get warmed up!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Yeah an ESPN article last year said she would hit 500 balls twice a day, every day. Not sure I believe that number but I do believe she hit a lot..
From sitting with her dad, the stories are true.. I'm sure there was days skipped here and there but he did say that she hit ALL of the time, and huge number of swings.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Disclaimer: on a Alliance only team

However, does anyone actually prefer the tournament structure of PGF nationals to Alliance? I think Alliances approach is way better. I think it is an awesome format to have a double elim bracket for two Tier 1 Super Regional Berths, and the bottom two teams go to Tier 2 Supers. Then a double elim bracket for winner take all to get to Elite 8, double elim to get to 3 game championship series.

I've always thought it weird regarding the 3 meaningless scrimmages then into a double elimination tournament.

Lots more opportunity to battle in the tournament in Alliance... My $0.015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck