Marucci Display at Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Easton had a nice set-up at our last tournament, just a local USSSA 12B thing.

We walked by and showed them the Ghost Advanced in our bag and told them that we loved it. Got a "right on!" and we kept moving on.

Later and throughout the day the booth was packed with girls swinging demos. No idea if they sold much.

Jun 24, 2016
I have zero experience with any Marucci FP bats, other than hitting baseball infield a couple years ago with a BBCOR Cat 7, that's the only Marucci bat I've ever used. If shopping for a FP bat, I just can't see myself stepping outside of buying a Easton or LS!

Now Marucci gloves is a different story! Now that Eric Walbridge is running and heading up their glove division, I'd buy a Marucci glove and feel real good about it! A Marucci baseball glove that is!! ;)

Mine is really nice!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
So no-one has tried one of the ECHO bats? I'm curious about their one piece.

We have three girls on DD's team swinging them. Two of the girls aren't great hitters but say they like it. One of the three is a power hitter and says she loves it. It feels balanced (from me just holding it versus DD's Xeno) and the power hitter claims it has a lot of pop. DD has not personally swung one yet....I may ask her to try one at our next team practice and see what she thinks.

Dec 24, 2020
We have three girls on DD's team swinging them. Two of the girls aren't great hitters but say they like it. One of the three is a power hitter and says she loves it. It feels balanced (from me just holding it versus DD's Xeno) and the power hitter claims it has a lot of pop. DD has not personally swung one yet....I may ask her to try one at our next team practice and see what she thinks.

Awesome thanks. My daughter definitely doesn't need any additional bats... but I think I'm her Crazy dad trying to find the perfect bat... which will probably never end.

Hopefully since these aren't as popular maybe they'll be cheaper later in the year? I think Marucci is on a 2 year cycle if I remember correctly.

Dec 20, 2019
As you know, I bought the Founders series baseball glove for my DD. Absolutely love it. Best softball glove I have ever seen. Perfect for a pitcher/middle infielder. Easy to break in. Played with it in two days and the season is almost over, very firm still.

Bought a Cypress series baseball glove and it seemed to be a little small. All the male coaches love it as a baseball glove. I was at practice a few days ago and went to get the Cypress out of her bag and couldn't find it. The male coach was shagging with it. He said, I grab it everyday, this thing is awesome. Beast to break in. Almost a year to break it in and still really stiff.

Never seen a kid like their bats.
What size is your cypress glove? Marucci is doing their custom cypress glove starting at $199, $230 for theit cmod version. Which is not bad of a price for a custom, guess they are trying to compete with the 44 pro custom gloves.

So no-one has tried one of the ECHO bats? I'm curious about their one piece.

We have one. We bought one at the insentience of my DD's batting instructor whom had several girls using them and stating they were hot. For a one-piece there is little to no sting from what DD says. There's some sort of contraption in the handle supposed to prevent it. On HitTrax the exist velo is has been the same as her Advanced. The weight is right on the money, her's is a 32/22, with it weighing exactly 22 oz. It swings very light. It's been a very durable bat so far, hopefully that continues. From my "eye test" on the field DD's blue ghost and her old HOT Xeno do hit the ball a little further. But she refuses to put the Echo down. It's all she wants to hit with now and won't use the others no matter what I say lol. She just says she's comfortable with it and who am I to mess with that.

Side note if you contact Marucci directly through their site or social media they'll put you in contact with a team rep and you'll get 30% off. Not a bad deal for what I just thought was going to be a beater bat to keep the hits off her Ghosts.

Dec 24, 2020
We have one. We bought one at the insentience of my DD's batting instructor whom had several girls using them and stating they were hot. For a one-piece there is little to no sting from what DD says. There's some sort of contraption in the handle supposed to prevent it. On HitTrax the exist velo is has been the same as her Advanced. The weight is right on the money, her's is a 32/22, with it weighing exactly 22 oz. It swings very light. It's been a very durable bat so far, hopefully that continues. From my "eye test" on the field DD's blue ghost and her old HOT Xeno do hit the ball a little further. But she refuses to put the Echo down. It's all she wants to hit with now and won't use the others no matter what I say lol. She just says she's comfortable with it and who am I to mess with that.

Side note if you contact Marucci directly through their site or social media they'll put you in contact with a team rep and you'll get 30% off. Not a bad deal for what I just thought was going to be a beater bat to keep the hits off her Ghosts.

That's awesome! I'll reach out, and see if I hear anything back.

Jan 28, 2017
What size is your cypress glove? Marucci is doing their custom cypress glove starting at $199, $230 for theit cmod version. Which is not bad of a price for a custom, guess they are trying to compete with the 44 pro custom gloves.
[/QUOTE

Both were 12 inch gloves but her Cypress is definitely smaller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles