Just when you think you have seen it all....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I was watching an early elimination game between two teams that were NOT going to get past the next team (which was one of the Super-A teams slumming it for some cheap games and trophies)

During the game there were a couple of somewhat dubious calls/situations.... and then the protests started.

Under the ABC orgs rule set, to protest you must produce $200.. which you get back if you win the protest. And lose if you don't.

Be the end of the game, the home team was out $400... the visiting team won their protest so they got their money back.

All over a 14U-B game.

Jun 12, 2015
Wow, that's a lot of money to waste. Must be nice to have $400 to throw around for no reason.

At our tournament last weekend we played a team where the coach got thrown out over what he perceived to be a bad call at home. His girl stole home, our catcher received the ball from SS (backing up 3B) and tagged her out. He thought she was obstructing the plate (I think that's the right term). The ump said no, she's out, and he kept arguing. They told him to go back to the dugout and he refused and kept arguing. The ump told him to get off the field and stay away and he refused. I thought they were going to have to call security if there is even was security there but he finally left. The funny thing is, this was an A tournament and our team is first year 10U. We weren't going to win anyway against this solid second year 10U team, and didn't. But the coach had to watch them win from behind the outfield.

I wonder if these adults think much about what the kids are seeing when they do these things.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Wow, that's a lot of money to waste. Must be nice to have $400 to throw around for no reason.

At our tournament last weekend we played a team where the coach got thrown out over what he perceived to be a bad call at home. His girl stole home, our catcher received the ball from SS (backing up 3B) and tagged her out. He thought she was obstructing the plate (I think that's the right term). The ump said no, she's out, and he kept arguing. They told him to go back to the dugout and he refused and kept arguing. The ump told him to get off the field and stay away and he refused. I thought they were going to have to call security if there is even was security there but he finally left. The funny thing is, this was an A tournament and our team is first year 10U. We weren't going to win anyway against this solid second year 10U team, and didn't. But the coach had to watch them win from behind the outfield.

I wonder if these adults think much about what the kids are seeing when they do these things.

There is a fuzzy line between defending your players and looking like a jack-wagon; and sometimes you can be on both sides of the line.

Jun 12, 2015
Yep. I have no idea if the call was right. But I definitely understand being upset over a bad call. Arguing with the umps never works though. Once in rec ball one of our assistant coaches got thrown out and had to miss 3 games for arguing with the ump then kicking dirt at him. Lol. I was out of town for that one but I heard all about it.

Aug 26, 2015
Yep. I have no idea if the call was right. But I definitely understand being upset over a bad call. Arguing with the umps never works though. Once in rec ball one of our assistant coaches got thrown out and had to miss 3 games for arguing with the ump then kicking dirt at him. Lol. I was out of town for that one but I heard all about it.

Where is the youtube clip when you need it?

Feb 15, 2016

It gets better as your girls get older...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13