Just when I thought it couldn't get stupider...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
My 6YO gets more out of me trying to K him with Dan Quisenberry style pitches , multiple windup styles,etc in the driveway with our wiffle games then he does at practice which is fine because he is there to have fun with his teammates.While his coach doesn't really know a whole bunch about teaching fundamentals, etc. he is a good guy and makes it fun for the kids. There is plenty of time for “serious” ball...

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
the younger the age the crazier the parents. our town rec league had so many rotten parents who controlled everything that gave their kids an advantage over others. it was some of the most stressful softball situations i ever came across. good luck

Agreed. The parents of the younger ages of rec ball are the worst I've ever seen.

Jun 27, 2021
My 6 year old DGD signed up to play a little softball. So, she is going to a"practice and first look" on Saturday--which I thought was a little crazy. Are they worried that someone will be stacking a team of 6 year olds?

Then, I found out--there was an unofficial "first look" camp two weeks ago for the "serious" players.
Coaches egos start early. Don't want to be last place in 6U

Jun 8, 2016
Are boys youth programs for other sports have just as crazy?
Rec basketball hasn't been too bad so far but from what I have seen AAU is pretty bad (It is bad for my DD too...)Thing about basketball though is that it is so much louder in general that all of the loud idiocy just kind of blends together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog