Just when I thought it couldn't get stupider...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
So, you want to just scrap the game, and have pitcher-hitter duels. Forget about the development of throwing, fielding, base-running, teamwork, and all the other things that happen while playing actual games.

For those particular 2 hours, yes, scrap the game.

Are you saying that if your DD had a chance to get 10 quality at-bats in 2 hours every Tuesday, you wouldn't be on board with that?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For those particular 2 hours, yes, scrap the game.

Are you saying that if your DD had a chance to get 10 quality at-bats in 2 hours every Tuesday, you wouldn't be on board with that?

Of course that would be good work. I've been trying to get my DDs TB coaches to do more live hitting/pitching work during practices. However, you were talking about duels as a replacement for weekend games. I'm not in agreement with that.

Dec 11, 2010
If you are a poor kid in the Dominican Republic, you don’t get off the island playing a lot of games in fancy uniforms….

Oct 14, 2019
It's really difficult to work on mechanical adjustments in the heat of battle.
i think the hitters would benefit more than the pitchers. hard to hit speed when you never see speed except in games. of course i’m not advocating abandonment of individual lessons. more like supplementing. i think the soft toss from the coach that you see at a lot of practices is a waste of time.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
i think the hitters would benefit more than the pitchers. hard to hit speed when you never see speed except in games. of course i’m not advocating abandonment of individual lessons. more like supplementing. i think the soft toss from the coach that you see at a lot of practices is a waste of time.

You're probably right about who benefits most, and I definitely agree that it should be supplemental work. Even the best hitters in the game do a good amount of tee work.

I find side toss to be pretty useless. Front toss (when done well - close distance, decent pace, good location control) is valuable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1