Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Hahaha …….. initially you didn’t understand the irony and when it’s pointed out, you deflect and start blaming me instead of owning it.
There is no irony in my mind because to me they are not equivalent. That said, I apologized for calling you an idiot. Whatever I did to you initially on here to make you butt into a conversation and take a shot at me, I apologize for that too.

Like I said, if me being on here bothers you so much (as it appears it does) then take it up with Mods.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2015

So, according to Dad Bahl -

Yeah she pitches illegally but it’s only once in a while, it doesn’t make a difference, everyone does it, and pointing it out makes you the a-hole.

Classic rationalizing behavior.

He’s not helping her cause, although I’m sure he thinks he is.

Because if the NCAA gets serious about this, his DD isn’t going to be able to pitch much. Not clear rn she can pitch legally, at all.

Jun 8, 2016
One last thing, sort of related to the tangential topic being discussed. While these ladies are fully mature physically, most are not grown adults mentally (and there is a neurological reason for that). I don’t have a child that age yet, but I’ve dealt with enough over the last 16 years to be pretty confident in that statement.

Aug 21, 2008
If you are not going to call an IP why test bats? Both allow a level of performance that is not possible within the rules of the game. Not that leaping in and of itself is an advantage. It most certainly is not. But it does allow some pitchers to attain a personal level of performance that is not possible when they are forced to pitch in accordance with the rules. Kelly Barnhill is a perfect example. When she got called she was much less effective. That along with a train wreck mental game took her out of some games.
I'm not going to comment on Jordy.

I got 3 pages into this thread and found 100 things I wanted to reply to. But this one caught my eye: Are you honestly comparing the pitcher jumping to an illegal bat? Bats being illegal is about a safety issue, not about someone "cheating". A hot bat with one of these polycore balls is like standing 43 feet away (or closer) and trying to defend yourself from someone on a golf tee box hitting golf balls with a Big Bertha driver. Not even close to the same thing.

And for ANYONE who says "leaping doesn't provide an advantage", let me ask you this: then why is it illegal?

To one other poster, USSSA and USA have allowed leaping in 2022. As I've said in other posts before, NCAA will adopt the leap. And when they do, it'll be 2 years before it's in the rulebook. All non-safety related rules require a 2 year grace period.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
One last thing, sort of related to the tangential topic being discussed. While these ladies are fully mature physically, most are not grown adults mentally (and there is a neurological reason for that). I don’t have a child that age yet, but I’ve dealt with enough over the last 16 years to be pretty confident in that statement.
I have seen people much younger than her grasp the concept of right and wrong. It is not that complex.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm not going to comment on Jordy.

I got 3 pages into this thread and found 100 things I wanted to reply to. But this one caught my eye: Are you honestly comparing the pitcher jumping to an illegal bat? Bats being illegal is about a safety issue, not about someone "cheating". A hot bat with one of these polycore balls is like standing 43 feet away (or closer) and trying to defend yourself from someone on a golf tee box hitting golf balls with a Big Bertha driver. Not even close to the same thing.

And for ANYONE who says "leaping doesn't provide an advantage", let me ask you this: then why is it illegal?

To one other poster, USSSA and USA have allowed leaping in 2022. As I've said in other posts before, NCAA will adopt the leap. And when they do, it'll be 2 years before it's in the rulebook. All non-safety related rules require a 2 year grace period.
Yes, I was comparing one rule to another. I was unaware that the intent of a rule provided weight in terms of legitimacy. This explains everything with regard to leaping.

Aug 21, 2008
NCAA changes rules every 2 years. They just changed for 2022 so the next set of changes will be 2024.

Yes, I was comparing one rule to another. I was unaware that the intent of a rule provided weight in terms of legitimacy. This explains everything with regard to leaping.
No Idea why this is showing 2 quotes from you. LOL. But since it's there, I wasn't aware the rules committee only meets bi annually. As I stated in another thread, I do know that any new rules take 2 years to implement. All non safety related rules that is. Those go into effect immediately. But I thought the committee for rules meets annually.

I just don't know how you can compare one rule to the other. The bat testing is more about safety than it is anything. Rules about crow hopping or leaping aren't safety related. Now as pitching coaches we can debate the safety of crow hopping but that's not why it's in the rulebook. That's my point. If your argument was: a rule is a rule and they must be followed. All rules need to be followed. I'd have to say it's hard to disagree with that. Every pitcher that leaps and crow hops is doing so in defiance of the rules. And they absolutely know they're doing it. Every pitcher from Kelly Barnhill to Jordy Bahl to Adam Folkard knows what they are doing with their bodies. And every pitcher is a product of what they are allowed to get away with, from coaches and umpires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207