Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So the life lesson from the game is that the end justifies the means?
You can play judge riseball if you want go ahead, nothing I'm saying holding you back. 😎

My response to @jfitch12
Think it means there's a reason she's pitching at the level she is and that reason could be included as part of the discussion.
Especially because there are those people that say hopping doesn't help. Then how is she successful to pitch at that level. Pitch locations?combinations? Change of speeds? That interpretation could lead to more in the discussion.
( for goodness sakes we already know umpires are inconsistent)

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
I met Jordy when I got to Omaha 3 years ago (she's from here too). And since she's the subject of this thread, and subject of many articles about her weekend "cheating" with her crow hop, which will undoubtedly get called at some point this season from all the feedback she's getting. There will be umpires in upcoming tournaments and in her conference, and post season that will be reading all the critical comments about the legality (or lack of) and they will decide "not on my watch" and call her illegal. In the year 2022 with all the media platforms (which seems to be a lot more than when Barnhill pitched), umpires will be watching her for sure. I'll be very surprised if she's pitching the same way by the time the WCWS arrives.

I should probably tell you guys, Jordy is one of the coolest, most genuine, God loving, family oriented kids I've ever known. EVERYTHING she does is for her family and deep in her faith. If anyone here is wondering what she's like in real life, there you go. Your daughters could not have a better role model to look up to. I am the lucky one to know her.

Jul 31, 2015
Other than maybe RAD, I am clearly in the minority on this, but I remember being floored and honestly sort of embarrassed that the longest (or close to the longest) non-sticky thread in the pitching forum was about KB's leaping--and now this. You have someone who was in high-school last year throwing a remarkable game to start the season, bouncing, kicking the dirt, and strutting around like George Jefferson--all the confidence in the world, and the stuff to match it. And all anyone wants to talk about are the rules and how they should be followed? The only evidence of a rule violation that I have seen is a still photo showing her two inches off the ground, which would indict almost every pitcher at some time or another (including some all-time greats, as others have said), and totally unsubstantiated opinions that this two inches somehow provides a massive advantage, for which no one has provided any evidence.

I get this is a discussion board where anyone can say what they want, but I think some assessment of what Bahl does well, and what younger players might try to emulate, would be a lot more useful.

There is passion on this because - like Barnhill - Jordyn Bahl is repeatedly and flagrantly violating the rules, and gaining an advantage over her opponents because of it. She is throwing illegally on every single pitch:

And no one is really speaking up about the illegality because they have their self-interest in mind - create a star, create wins, generate more interest in the sport, generate more money.

It is throwing the integrity of the game in the trash in pursuit of personal glory, and then rationalizing it in various ways.

Just look at Dave Bahls tweet:

“You can badger her all you want. You’re just gonna piss her off. A fraction of an inch every half dozen pitches ain’t the reason you can’t hit her! If you look close enough, you’ll see the same thing throughout the sport at all levels. Let her go and let the game grow.”

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
There will be umpires in upcoming tournaments and in her conference, and post season that will be reading all the critical comments about the legality (or lack of) and they will decide "not on my watch" and call her illegal. In the year 2022 with all the media platforms (which seems to be a lot more than when Barnhill pitched), umpires will be watching her for sure. I'll be very surprised if she's pitching the same way by the time the WCWS arrives.

I should probably tell you guys, Jordy is one of the coolest, most genuine, God loving, family oriented kids I've ever known. EVERYTHING she does is for her family and deep in her faith. If anyone here is wondering what she's like in real life, there you go. Your daughters could not have a better role model to look up to. I am the lucky one to know her.
Are you saying Social shaming will clean this up?!

Jun 8, 2016
There is passion on this because - like Barnhill - Jordyn Bahl is repeatedly and fragrantly violating the rules, and gaining an advantage over her opponents because of it. She is throwing illegally on every single pitch:
I thought something about this thread smelled funny.

Aug 21, 2008
Are you saying Social shaming will clean this up?!
LOL. no Rad!

And I know nobody is suggesting that her "cheating" is a form of her personal character. But, I did want the group to know how awesome of a person she is. They could do a lot worse if their kids want to emulate someone's demeanor, and over all pitches.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
LOL. no Rad!
😁 I was being silly

And I know nobody is suggesting that her "cheating" is a form of her personal character. But, I did want the group to know how awesome of a person she is. They could do a lot worse if their kids want to emulate someone's demeanor, and over all pitches.
It's always nice to hear about good character!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan