8u Pitch signs...OOPS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

We had a game last night and when my daughter was put in the 2nd inning I kept encouraging her with two thumbs up every time she looked towards the dugout.

I've been giving her situations where she's either up, down, etc in the count while I'm on the bucket and ask her what she thinks she should throw.

She usually looks my way for what type of pitch to throw, but last night I decided to just tell her to pitch whatever she wanted.

I guess that didn't sink in for her because she kept looking my way and I just kept giving her two thumbs up.

Well...she interpreted the thumbs up as "throw a changeup" and every pitch she did was slow. Girls that usually can't hit off her got hits.

I asked her this morning while walking to school what she thought two thumbs up meant and she said "change up."

I laughed really loud and she started laughing.

"No, that meant you were doing great!" More laughing happened as we were walking.

"Well, that just means your change up is very accurate."

She must've thrown all change ups yesterday...at least it was good practice.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
We had a game last night and when my daughter was put in the 2nd inning I kept encouraging her with two thumbs up every time she looked towards the dugout.

I've been giving her situations where she's either up, down, etc in the count while I'm on the bucket and ask her what she thinks she should throw.

She usually looks my way for what type of pitch to throw, but last night I decided to just tell her to pitch whatever she wanted.

I guess that didn't sink in for her because she kept looking my way and I just kept giving her two thumbs up.

Well...she interpreted the thumbs up as "throw a changeup" and every pitch she did was slow. Girls that usually can't hit off her got hits.

I asked her this morning while walking to school what she thought two thumbs up meant and she said "change up."

I laughed really loud and she started laughing.

"No, that meant you were doing great!" More laughing happened as we were walking.

"Well, that just means your change up is very accurate."

She must've thrown all change ups yesterday...at least it was good practice.
Shame on the opposing coaches for not picking your signs! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles