It's time for the off season talks to begin...what will you be doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
Late fall and early winter is for each and every player to individually take stock on their own bodies, and injuries or wear and tear developed in the past year.

Then do what is best for that player. Some players want to keep digging until HS starts. Some players really need some time off, and need to listen to their bodies.

I have seen players with injury problems, get pressured by their travel ball coach, and also their HS coach, and practically ruin her career ... until she broke down in early January in tears. Finally took the time off she needed, was carefully nursed at the beginning of HS season by the HS staff. Did not play, or even throw in February. Started in earnest in March when the regular HS season started ... and hit the most home runs in the HS season in the State and featured in many newspaper, and press stories, earning one of the States MVP awards.

We have her back as a senior this year, and she has her college scholarship sown up due to her HS performance, and is taking even more time off this fall.

Listen to your body folks. Tell the travel coach to shove it ... if you know full well you will be digging after it in HS shortly, and a system that is ripe for rewards and honors from the community, and press.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Run by the Dowling College Head Softball Coach!!!

Thanks, I was just curious. My 12U team (back two years ago) did something like this, and it was helpful. As they get older, they are more likely to have their own hitting coaches, or their own ideas, or their parents' ideas, and so I wonder if you run up against some friction. Hitting instruction, as proven on this forum, is such a controversial subject.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Thanks, I was just curious. My 12U team (back two years ago) did something like this, and it was helpful. As they get older, they are more likely to have their own hitting coaches, or their own ideas, or their parents' ideas, and so I wonder if you run up against some friction. Hitting instruction, as proven on this forum, is such a controversial subject.

No I don't force the girls to go..I encourage them to do so since the same coach will be conducting my Winter Training but the choice is up to them and their parents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing