It's time for the off season talks to begin...what will you be doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We are playing in showcases the first three weekends of November. Our "off season" will be Thanksgiving until New Years. We will start indoor workouts the first week of January - batting, speed and agility, and pitching/catching. My DD and her HS catcher have also started "cross training" during a special PE class that their HS coach has set up for them.

May 31, 2012
Off season starts 2nd week of Dec.
Long toss, distance pitching twice a week
Speed agility training at home 3 times a week.
Has first session with a hitting coach this Friday. One of her college idols. It's a surprise should be fun.

Aug 9, 2013
Gave the team off until January - planning a pitching clinic with one of the girls pitching coaches just as a basic level set on pitching. My DD will start hitting lessons Sunday and get in 4-6 before the team fires up in January.

Dec 7, 2011
Let me make a clarification here:

I fully support/promote a ~6week break every year from the twisting/torqueing forces that sb puts on a body (ESPECIALLY PITCHER - with DD having gone through what she went through) BUT during that 6 weeks off there is no "switching" to a sedentary life style which then requires an additional 6 weeks to get back into physical shape. These athletes, if we are talking about TB-A players, need to keep with their physical training (stay active) during this "down period". Ideally building more supporting muscle strength for those twisting/torqueing forces of sb once they are turned back on.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
We start off-season after Nov 3rd. Girls will be attending 2-3 One Day Hitting clinics in Nov/Dec and then we start Winter Training in January and its being run by a Division II college coach.

Jun 24, 2013
I think Tony is going to spend the offseason looking for some more pitching.:)

Hopefully your pitchers get healthy next year!

(Please do not take that the wrong way, just teasing)

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
TB continues through 11/17. The following weekend, she wii be playing for a HS team in the fall league that will run through the end of December. TB has one final tournament in January, then HS ball begins the end of January. Offseason was in August. We are actually picking up our workouts to prepare for HS season. She is a freshman, but will get the bulk of innings for her HS team. Very exciting time of year.