if you're not going to swing at strikes...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
I think we're talking about two different things. If you know what a strike is, then that's what you're looking for to swing at. If you get it the first pitch, you bust the seams wide open. I think telling a batter to purposely not swing at anything until you've gotten one strike is absurd. The best team my DD has ever been on is right now. Every girl has an open green light to swing at any time. The worst she's ever been on was a team that instructed everyone to take the first strike and never swing at 3-0.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If it's not exactly the pitch you want, where you want it, why swing at it?

Scaring hitters into thinking they have to swing at any pitch in the strike zone is going to create a bunch of terrible hitters. They won't bat aggressively; they'll bat defensively. They'll be so worried about taking a strike, which is a completely fine thing to do, that they won't actually go up to the plate with a plan to attack the pitcher.

There are worse things than taking strikes. There are worse things than striking out sometimes. There are even worse things than occasionally taking strike three.
Original post simply
Batters need to swing.

As to first pitch strike~really my point is about being allowed to swing,
Nothing about forcing to swing however coach may want to call a hit & run?! to swing.
Other than that,
The first pitch strike topic is
imo hitters choice.

* please dont take away the opportunity!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019
Your pitcher just completed a tough inning, it is 100 degrees, the 1st two batters of the inning swung at the first pitch and it is late in the game and you are up by a run or two...if you disagree then take it up with Gasso who did this a few times in the WCWS after calling time to give her pitcher even more of a breather...
Another knock on OU from the drunk at the bar.....you really have proven to need help...is it Bud LIght or Miller Lite this time....maybe something harder?? Get help dude!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs