How cold is too cold?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
I am praying for snow and below zero to last through June so that maybe softball will FINALLY get moved to Fall instead of stupid-never-comes-Spring (at least here in the frozen tundra)

Jun 24, 2013
MS is in the fall, it works out really well. The SB season starts before school starts.

HS is in the "spring" and they have to be struggling.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Fall in Colorado is much nicer than spring - I'm glad that we have the HS season in the fall, though many in our state have said that having the HS season in the fall could be holding us back as a softball state. Our girls miss out on many of the late summer/fall exposure tournaments. This past year, our state tournament had to be rescheduled due to snow, and we lost an entire week of contests due to flooding, so you never know. Plus many girls play both volleyball and softball, and then have to choose one over the other for high school.

Feb 7, 2014
I think most of us would agree that whether your season is Spring or Fall ball players are developed in the summer time. I always get a chuckle out of high schools coaches that don't acknowledge their counterparts that do some of the 'heavy lifting' during the summer.

Mar 28, 2013
Raigan_in_Snow[1].jpg

Last weekend!! Fastpitch in the snow. actually the games went off well considering.no accumulation on the field Kids had fun. The only side affect I noticed is the Girls seemed much sorer in the muscles than they would normally be after 4 Games.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle