Gloves on the Chinese-Taipei Little League team...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't want to hijack this thread. In short, I and another HS baseball coach were selected to introduce baseball into the former USSR in order for them to prepare for the Olympics. It was a Good Will Tour. Rawlings pitched in with equipment and set everything up wrt the equipment. I went to Kaunas, Lithuania and the other coach went to Estonia. I cracked up later that year when Sports Illustrated did a feature story on "the first Americans to introduce baseball the USSR. We had been there a full three months before that group. BTW, we were there working with the Lithuanian Team and the "Soviet Union Team" also was there. Naturally, some of the Lithuanian players were on both. We practiced both and played games etc. I have been incredibly Blessed in my life.
That is super cool

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Since this is a glove thread, how about these beauties? A certain former member here is being forced to get these for his daughter. IMG_20240830_184937.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019
Bolts may be the first batting glove I have ever seen a TV commercial for during the LLWS. I just can’t wrap my head around 80-100 for batting gloves! Give me the old days where you either wore a $15 Franklin on your lead hand only, or none at all.

And get off my lawn you troublemaking kids.

Now back to patina’ed Horween…

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Bolts may be the first batting glove I have ever seen a TV commercial for during the LLWS. I just can’t wrap my head around 80-100 for batting gloves! Give me the old days where you either wore a $15 Franklin on your lead hand only, or none at all.

And get off my lawn you troublemaking kids.

Now back to patina’ed Horween…
My man!! 😉

May 29, 2015
1725066053930.png

Do we dare?

Tangent . . . one of the all-time best long jokes on TV was Beetlejuice on the show Community. It took 3 years.

Shoot. That's three.

beetlejuice-gif.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805