Gloves on the Chinese-Taipei Little League team...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
So two years after Chernobyl and 360 miles away, and....still during the Cold War! Probably not the best of times, or safest!

The Cold War, for all you kids out there, you might have to look that one up! :rolleyes: I think it's called History?
It was a part of a "Good Will Tour." The players and coaches in Lithuania loved me. I had to go to the Olympic Village for a few days before I returned to the US. The Russians hated me/us. If the spirit of being on a Good Will Tourn, the KGB was everywhere I was. LOL

Aug 1, 2019
MN
It was a part of a "Good Will Tour." The players and coaches in Lithuania loved me. I had to go to the Olympic Village for a few days before I returned to the US. The Russians hated me/us. If the spirit of being on a Good Will Tourn, the KGB was everywhere I was. LOL
Who knows?... You may have had a younger Putin with more hair watching you.

1724900079554.png

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Who knows?... You may have had a younger Putin with more hair watching you.

View attachment 30007
The St Louis Post Dispatch sent a reporter over with us. There were so many things that happened. Many of those things were not good. I had to take care of a lot more than baseball. Anyway, the reporter wrote a quote that defined this trip. "He went to the USSR as Beaver Cleaver and came back Clint Eastwood."

Aug 1, 2019
MN
The St Louis Post Dispatch sent a reporter over with us. There were so many things that happened. Many of those things were not good. I had to take care of a lot more than baseball. Anyway, the reporter wrote a quote that defined this trip. "He went to the USSR as Beaver Cleaver and came back Clint Eastwood."
Please tell me he was referring to the movie Firefox. I was 12 when that came out, so of course it was really cool.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Been having a long and rough week … randomly clicked in here and … thank you. That has me laughing my backside off for some reason. Could be delerium.
Glad I could help Blue, I honestly believe you’re the only one who noticed that comment!

I have to limit the number of times I use / write the word “Horween” here, there’s a certain member here that gets his panties all bunched up, I swear I think he keeps a running tally of every time I use it!

Hope your weekend is better than the week you’ve had!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Glad I could help Blue, I honestly believe you’re the only one who noticed that comment!

I have to limit the number of times I use / write the word “Horween” here, there’s a certain member here that gets his panties all bunched up, I swear I think he keeps a running tally of every time I use it!

Hope your weekend is better than the week you’ve had!
It's like summoning Beetlejuice.