Monthly Question on the Travel/Youth/Little League 'Team' Pitching Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm sorry...I still don't understand the problem.

Your DD threw poorly at practice. The coach asked if she is working with a coach in order to correct her problems. He is concerned because without a decent pitcher, the season is going to be very difficult.

He didn't say "ignore your DD"s PC and do this." So, I'm having trouble understanding.

Also, you should know that a lot of paid PC's are clueless about pitching.

Jan 25, 2011
If the PCs, whether from the team or private, were actually pitchers, it might improve the quality of instruction.

And my pitching coach, who was a pitcher, does not call pitches, so she needs something else to do (humor).

I never said our HS coaches were better, but the PCs are either 80 year old senior men (beer league 1970s, learned to pitch at 30) or someone's dad whose daughter is now in college (where the knowledge happens by reverse osmosis, who knows, it's not working (sarcasm). Neither are appealing to me, although I am not the customer.

Then I dig down into resumes from some of the former players PCs for assistant pitching coach and find that the "PC" was a first baseman....again how does that work?
Did you pitch? I read so many of your post and you must be the best softball coach in the world. No one knows more then you. I bet the PC my dd see during the summer, has forgot more about pitching then you have ever known. But you can always go to a clinic, but that won't work, with what you have already said, if a parent can't learn by reverse osmosis . Then you can't either.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I could care less about who you are or what you did. All that should really matter is how well do you know your craft and how well can you teach it. And there ain't no monopoly on who's got that ability - male, female, old, young, former star, former benchwarmer, non-player, rec, HS, TB, college, or pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805