Things To Do While Waiting Out Covid-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Clean your glove with leather soap or saddle soap and put some conditioner in it. (Not oil, because that will make it heavy, but more of a paste-like conditioner.) If necessary, this is a great time to get it re-strung.
Learn how to repair / re-lace your glove yourself. The easiest is replacing the lace in the web, web spiral, and fingertips. Replacing the lace in these areas is the easiest to do and pays the most dividends the quickest for stiffening up a floppy or too loose glove.

Jan 8, 2019
I found this post from the U of A kind of interesting:
1584946344467.png

Probably something we could apply at almost all levels of our sport (or any, as this was intended).

Jul 31, 2019
I’ve got my 14U girls working their J-bands daily at home. Does any one have a good core program for home?

Dec 19, 2019
Here is a good quick core workout my DD does each day. 30 reps each. She started with a goal to be done in 15 mins and has worked in down to 8 mins.

crunches
heel touches
leg up toe touch
up and down scissor kicks
bicycles
sit up opposite elbow to knee
opposite hand to leg toe touch
russian twist
plank
side plank
hip drop

Feb 26, 2018
Our region is under mandatory "shelter-in-place" orders. No gatherings or practices, most businesses closed, schools doing "remote learning", not supposed to visit others, etc.

Most of DD's team now practices on their own. To emphasize the social element of team & softball, we tried something new: the team co-watched a softball game via Zoom (2019 10U PGF championship).
IMG_6672 3.JPG

It worked really well - a lazy Sunday morning together in front of the TV! Coach was on, so there was plenty of softball talk. But also normal conversation which our girls really need.

To do this, I had to tweak things on Zoom until the video / audio experience was just right. I wrote up this how-to guide to share with our community.

Coach liked it enough that he might use it for video review of our games... guess we just signed ourselves up for another weekday night of team obligations ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802