Did your DD ever complain about early morning practices in HS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So, does anyone have a HS age DD complained about early morning:

1) Team breakfasts
2) Practices
3) Work outs.

I can't remember any of my kids complaining about it.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My DD doesn't complain about the practice, she complains about how early it is when we leave at 0730 on Saturday. I'm usually the one complaining I have to get up also lol.

Feb 12, 2014
What time are you early morning workouts ? This morning I dropped DD off at 5:45AM for AM workouts

She hasn't complained yet...... LOL

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD only has to get up early when her HS team plays in tournaments and she would never complain about playing. Everything else they do is in the afternoon, evening or both.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We have left as early as 4:30 for a tourney that was an hour and 20 minutes away. Who makes 7am games??? We left at 4 a couple of times last summer to drive to colleges for camps to eliminate one night of hotel. No complaints from DD but then she sleeps in the back seat when we leave that early. Those are tough on dad but I can sleep during the camp.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Never had an early morning practice for softball. Basketball yes but never SB. Early tournies did cause some grumbling. But nothing significant.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD never complains about having practice. Not having practice - yes. Ending practice early - yes. Girls blowing off practice - yes. But never about having practice. I think that she would gladly do three-a-days...

Jun 22, 2008
Wait until college. 5:30 am be at the field in mid 30 degree weather, have to untarp the field before they can practice and retarp it after morning practice. Then do it all over again that night.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My DDs have never had early morning practices, but have complained about early games at tournaments.

Amazing but true: DS is a real night owl, but his rowing club had 6 AM practices 6 days a week every summer, and he never complained once. I was really glad when he got his license so I wouldn't have to drive him to practice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan