HS Coach asking my DD slapper to train slappers during games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
If there were 53 players and no cuts, I would think there are plenty of kids left in the dugout to cheer.

My daughter is our only JV pitcher and long story short, her endurance and mechanics have suffered a lot the past 6 weeks because of a full game schedule (only probably 50% of the time is there a JV game). No extra reps, no refresher drills, etc. If conditions on the field and in warmups are perfect, she's lucky to get through a three inning game without going off the rails. Add to this that she got a varsity start last weekend and had to come out after three innings beause of fatigue, and I'm trying to think of ways to get more reps in whenever she's not already exhausted.

My wife brought up the idea of me working with her during varsity games that won't be followed by a JV game. She almost never sees the field or plate during varsity, so maybe I could get 30 minutes in with her every other game or something.

Your kid helping with slappers during a game where she would otherwise be in a very crowded dugout, isn't the worst idea ever. At least she'd be productive.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021
If there were 53 players and no cuts, I would think there are plenty of kids left in the dugout to cheer.
There are maximum and minimum number of players on a team.

A team must have the required number of players present in the dugout or team
area to start or continue a game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802