Correcting Elbow Drag (racing elbow)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2019
I am struggling to correct elbow drag on both of my kids swings. Their ages are (13 & 11). I have already look through all of the old threads on this site and every YouTube video. Can anyone share how you have overcome this?

Aug 20, 2017
I am struggling to correct elbow drag on both of my kids swings. Their ages are (13 & 11). I have already look through all of the old threads on this site and every YouTube video. Can anyone share how you have overcome this?
Post a video of you got one. Too many possible root causes (including anatomy). My dd had elbow drag until she was 13yo. Got bigger/stronger and it went away.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Rear forearm must be flat at toe touch.

This stops most bat drag.

Do dry strides to fix. And land on a very bent front knee while you are at it.

Sadly, this is the #1 hitting flaw and nobody on YouTube knows how to fix

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

Why do you suggest landing on a very bent front knee? Won't that encourage a lunge?

Jun 8, 2016
Why do you suggest landing on a very bent front knee? Won't that encourage a lunge/crouch swing?
He isn’t talking Bagwell in his stance bent leg…😂 If you stride with the front leg typically you will land with it pretty straight so you want to avoid that 🤷🏽‍♂️

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Bat drag is having dead hands. They are dead because the body and arms are used poorly. The hands are used poorly. They might be directing and then launching, instead of launch n direct.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Nothing you mentioned will correct bat drag.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Nothing you mentioned will correct bat drag.

I don’t know about that. All of his tips seem to be an attempt to keep stretch/connection until launch. I don’t feel the need to keep the elbow anywhere but I do want the hands to remain back or up. As far as the front knee being bent I think he wants to ensure that toe touch is established before swinging the bat. Hence the very front bent knee, IOW exaggerated. I could see how these tips could help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13