Seeking help with DD Mechanics - Bat Drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Learn to leverage the swing. Leaky lower halves or active rotation are the cause for drag and pushy swings.

You swing against your legs and lower half. So launch is middle out. Can only do that If the lower is leveraged.

View attachment 21364

I agree with the launch is middle out, and swinging against your lower half, But I'm pretty confident the player in your gif knows he must get the his hands/arms involved. IMO

Aug 20, 2017
My DD swings with bat drag and we are having a difficult time. Really struggling at the plate. I don’t have the expertise, but was hoping to get advice on best approach at correcting. Thank you!

What are her tendencies at the plate? Pop outs? Hitting ball off hands? Swinging and missing? How’s timing?

I ask because she has control of the barrel regardless of the rear elbow slotting early

Oct 2, 2017
My DD swings with bat drag and we are having a difficult time. Really struggling at the plate. I don’t have the expertise, but was hoping to get advice on best approach at correcting. Thank you!

To go along with @Cornbread Aside from the drag, does she struggle at all in the cage or she consistent. If she is consistent in the cage, even with the drag, then it very well could be other issues not even related to drag. It could be she is not timing release good, she could be not fully committing to her forward move out which can cause issues. Could be a fear thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28