Seeking help with DD Mechanics - Bat Drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thanks !! We will and do it correctly from a fyb leveraged position, while trying to drive the ball through the wall. Just like the pros say and do !!!

Nsg02G5.gif

WilWtlj.gif

E3qNKiC.gif

yrDZtmK.gif

yWk4qXa.gif

LCVQHwM.gif

uqklIz7.gif

At what point does the lead elbow work down?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thanks everyone for all the advice and instruction. This is a big help and gives us a lot of things to try to work on. Lots of knowledge here from everyone's technical understanding of the swing and then also experiences in practice. It's very much appreciated.

I would say her #1 tendency at the plate is to be late. Strike outs have been high. Hits are often to the right side of field. And not having success at plate has definitely lowered her confidence. In cage on soft toss she definitely does much better. Timing-wise, I would say it doesn't help her swing at all. She definitely tends to get started a little late.

i never did comment on her swing. Well she opens up her body too early to swing. When the lower opens early the rest of the body will follow.. the legs drag the hips, dragging the torso, arms, hands, then the bat.

1615585855085.gif
Shes anterior-side dominant(face side) So the fix is to be posterior-side dominant(back side). Getting into her glutes and hammies during her forward move is best done by staying closed. Getting the back knee to ER while moving forward is a good way as well. I would even preset it in the beginning til she can feel her posterior load. From there it’s about not letting go of the ER.. it will be taken from her when she launches. That should clean up a lot.

1615587808200.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
i never did comment on her swing. Well she opens up her body too early to swing. When the lower opens early the rest of the body will follow.. the legs drag the hips, dragging the torso, arms, hands, then the bat.

View attachment 21379
Shes anterior-side dominant(face side) So the fix is to be posterior-side dominant(back side). Getting into her glutes and hammies during her forward move is best done by staying closed. Getting the back knee to ER while moving forward is a good way as well. I would even preset it in the beginning til she can feel her posterior load. From there it’s about not letting go of the ER.. it will be taken from her when she launches. That should clean up a lot.

View attachment 21380

Yes, I see the same thing. She opens to early. Loses all coil before it’s even established.

Feb 25, 2020
Bonds drill! She looks pretty good(not too far off). Hand path is king imo. Her hands(and thus bat) lag/dump it a tiny bit. Get that top hand going fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45