Seeking help with DD Mechanics - Bat Drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I would like to see her swing if she started more balanced and not so much on the toe in her stance. Might help sync things up better. Sometimes it’s the simple fixes.

Jun 8, 2016
I thought matching video was the scorecard ;)
My point was I don't think Shawn was trying to indoctrinate anybody as (I think) you insinuated (unless I misunderstood the 99 out of 100 comment) but simply giving his opinion.. 🤷‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I agree with the launch is middle out, and swinging against your lower half, But I'm pretty confident the player in your gif knows he must get the his hands/arms involved. IMO

yes. The middle isn’t something you need to focus on. Most will focus on the closing of the swing to get results as they should imo. The pros ‘stay straight’ ‘closed’.

the talk about the middle is to educate that the back leg doesn’t launch anything and neither does the hips.

And yes, there are numerous threads about the hands. Why? Bc folks started talking about hands need to stay at the back shoulder and TTB to the ball.. that’s not it either! 😆

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You guys crack me up. lol. Keep swinging down.

Thanks !! We will and do it correctly from a fyb leveraged position, while trying to drive the ball through the wall. Just like the pros say and do !!!

Nsg02G5.gif

WilWtlj.gif

E3qNKiC.gif

yrDZtmK.gif

yWk4qXa.gif

LCVQHwM.gif

uqklIz7.gif

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019
What are her tendencies at the plate? Pop outs? Hitting ball off hands? Swinging and missing? How’s timing?

I ask because she has control of the barrel regardless of the rear elbow slotting early

Thanks everyone for all the advice and instruction. This is a big help and gives us a lot of things to try to work on. Lots of knowledge here from everyone's technical understanding of the swing and then also experiences in practice. It's very much appreciated.

I would say her #1 tendency at the plate is to be late. Strike outs have been high. Hits are often to the right side of field. And not having success at plate has definitely lowered her confidence. In cage on soft toss she definitely does much better. Timing-wise, I would say it doesn't help her swing at all. She definitely tends to get started a little late.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The slop is created by using the arms with dead hands. So yes she is trying to move the barrel by using the arms. Slop. After the slop she tries to use the hands. To late for the hands, only thing she can do is push.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
The more I watch her swing the more I think she should start more neutral 50/50 weight balance. She starts back so there really isn’t anywhere for her to go but forward. Her lateness may be because she gets stuck back there a little bit. I would love to see what she looks like when she takes a pitch (no swing).

Oct 2, 2017
I'm curious on how much do you guys think the set-up of the arm levers make a difference in drag. A lot of young players don't set-up with their elbow behind them in the s-plan. , whether its elbow up or down. They set-up with the elbow in front of them in the s-plane. Pro's may set-up with it in front but know how to bring it behind them during there move out. Take this picture below. I'm not talking any scap load stuff either. Just know how to keep the barrell at 90deg with the forearm.

How to Grip a Bat. Door Knocking Knuckles, Big Knuckles, or Rings? 1042 × 588 What Would Babe Ruth Look Like in The Modern Day? | Grand Slam Amino 320 × 180 Rear view of New York Yankees Mickey Mantle in action, at bat vs... | New  york yankees, Mickey mantle, Baseball 683 × 1024

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee