CLOCKING YOUR DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Once you hit 119, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to clock her anymore. I think we're good.

C1C10422-79B4-45EA-961A-7E060D787842.png

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Can I borrow that radar please? Need to use it to make some Twitter posts.

Yeah, I goof people with it all the time.

It's a free app called 'Pitch Counter'. The science behind it is right, but it relies on you holding your finger on the phone when she releases the ball and lifting your finger when it crosses the plate. So basically impossible to use.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, I goof people with it all the time.

It's a free app called 'Pitch Counter'. The science behind it is right, but it relies on you holding your finger on the phone when she releases the ball and lifting your finger when it crosses the plate. So basically impossible to use.

EDIT: My record is 999 mph

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I use the pocket radar every practice for a few speeds. Seldom tell the pitching their speed. I do however tell them the speed when practicing the change.

Jun 27, 2021
I don't. The last thing she needs to worry about is hitting a number. Don't get me wrong, she throws hard enough to be in same category at the Top 10% in her class based on number of wins, K's and ERA. She focuses on mobility, leg drive, overall body power increase when she's lifting and long toss distance. As long as she's gradually increasing her distance on the football field long tossing she/I know gradually where she is in regards to MPH.

Jun 27, 2021
So then what's the difference of seeing the actual number?
For me I see the breakdown (math/science), for her she sees distance and equates that to power/improvement. This was our approach over the last few years and it has worked for her. The last time she camped pre-covid and was clocked it was 4 MPH faster than what her pitching coach at the time had her at. She is inked D1 to pitch and plays coast to coast, so she can sling it. Just yesterday we were on the field long tossing and stopped her at 53 yards which tells me she was at 61-62.

For her she has never been about the MPH because the results have been there. Again, this is our approach.

Jul 19, 2021
For me I see the breakdown (math/science), for her she sees distance and equates that to power/improvement.
OK I apologize but I still don't get it. What do you think the difference is in her seeing her long toss distance increase (which as you said means her mph increased) versus visually seeing her mph increase on a radar gun?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes