Pocket Radar, GoPro 9 & Game Changer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 22, 2019
We use a GoPro 9 to record & stream games on GameChanger (using a LynkSpyder). I’d like to upgrade my old Pocket Radar to the Smart Coach for pitching speeds. How does the Pocket Radar Smart Coach incorporate with my current streaming setup? If I’m in the dugout, how do I see the speed?

Thanks for your help! @Pocket R ;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019
We use a GoPro 9 to record & stream games on GameChanger (using a LynkSpyder). I’d like to upgrade my old Pocket Radar to the Smart Coach for pitching speeds. How does the Pocket Radar Smart Coach incorporate with my current streaming setup? If I’m in the dugout, how do I see the speed?

Thanks for your help!

@Pocket R ;

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

Thanks for your help!

Aug 8, 2016

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to be looking at radar speeds/video if you are in the dugout.

Also, are you able to stream and record from the same device at the same time? Has that been reliable?

Dec 22, 2019
@Josh Greer ; When I see videos/streaming of games with the Pocket Radar speed indicated in the corner, how is that achieved?

Dec 22, 2019
Also, are you able to stream and record from the same device at the same time? Has that been reliable?

Yes, with the GoPro…we stream & it records simultaneously. There were several feature updates this winter.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yes, with the GoPro…we stream & it records simultaneously. There were several feature updates this winter.

Do you find the field of view too wide with the GoPro? Josh recommended recording with the GoPro and streaming with a phone camera because when streaming with the GoPro, you can't change the settings. Also, the link I put above is a blog post from GC about how to view pitch speeds on Team Manager. The post doesn't mention a Pocket Radar, but I don't see any other way of getting speeds.

The Smart Coach is a great tool, much better than the Ball Coach. The app functions make it worth the extra money. If you want one, my store carries them. You won't be disappointed with the price. 631-942-3516

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
@Josh Greer ; When I see videos/streaming of games with the Pocket Radar speed indicated in the corner, how is that achieved?

When using the Smart Coach from PocketRadar, the app integrates with streaming systems to pass the data to the display. The functionality is currently part of SidelineHD, but I think only available with GameChanger in beta testing. For production GameChanger I think this infomation is entered manually in the scoring app.

May 18, 2019

Any chance you are willing to share the steps to do this? I have an 8 and it's possible the functionality is different but I'd like to try and would consider upgrading if I had to. The inability to stream and record simultaneously along with data usage are why I haven't yet . Also, any issues with overheating? I've gradually gone to no battery, no wifi, shade, and a fan to avoid overheating in 100+ weather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13