My DD pitching journey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
My DD started taking pitching lessons every other week about seven months ago. Her instructor has a big board with everyone’s speed next to there name. Her instructor told her she couldn’t get a number until she seen her mechanics improve and be repeatable. So last night her instructor got out her pocket radar and she got to put her number on the board. She checked a few pitches her best speed was 41 which she did on 2-3 of the pitches. She wasn’t as excited about the number as much as she was just getting a number on the board. On the way home she said now that I have a number on the board I have a new goal, I want to get to 45 by my birthday in January.

Sep 3, 2015
Not sure I agree with a big board with names and speeds on it, but I’m glad your DD is motivated by it.

Speed is not an indicator of success, but it helps. Move the ball and change speeds. My DD went to Balswick (well known and respected PC) for 4 years and I think he brought the pocket radar out once or twice.

What age are we talking? Keep working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 13, 2021
Not sure I agree with a big board with names and speeds on it, but I’m glad your DD is motivated by it.

Speed is not an indicator of success, but it helps. Move the ball and change speeds. My DD went to Balswick (well known and respected PC) for 4 years and I think he brought the pocket radar out once or twice.

What age are we talking? Keep working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems to motivate the girls to keep working, gives them a goal. I personally think when they are practicing iit would be beneficial to radar every pitch. Speed may not be an indicator of success, but it is hard to have success without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802