Bottom of the roster

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
Yes, but if you ask at midseason, the vote might be 9-2. The 9 are going to throw those 2 light hitters under the bus. :)

Truth is, I don't know how such a vote would turn out. I'd be curious. But I do think we should try to see things from their point of view more often. For one, I doubt they want to win as badly as their coaches in most cases.

I would strongly disagree with this point. In a TB situation, I believe that winning is more important to them than you might think. In Rec or LL , it is probably quite different

Jan 24, 2011
Yes, but if you ask at midseason, the vote might be 9-2. The 9 are going to throw those 2 light hitters under the bus. :)
Truth is, I don't know how such a vote would turn out. I'd be curious. But I do think we should try to see things from their point of view more often. For one, I doubt they want to win as badly as their coaches in most cases.

Wouldn't this be seeing from their point of view? :)

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I actually asked my DD the other day this question. Her first comment: "Would I be one of the nine?"

I suggest this: Start with about 15. After each month, the players vote one player off the team.

Jan 24, 2011
I actually asked my DD the other day this question. Her first comment: "Would I be one of the nine?"

I suggest this: Start with about 15. After each month, the players vote one player off the team.

This would be fantastic :)

Would the answer of your DD have changed depending on whether or not she was one of the nine?

Jun 1, 2013
Fear of rejection is much more prominent in girls. Would the vote change mid season? Probably not because they haven't had to pay attention to their failure because no matter what they have been guaranteed a seat at the table. So they may vote to keep it the same because they really don't realize how bad they are. Honestly, I have had some bad players that just didn't realize they were bad. Mommy and daddy shielded them and they were not prepared to sit the bench. Same girl is now in high school, sitting the bench. Why? She had no real clue of her self worth on the ballfield and failed to listen and get better because she always got to play with her other coaches. So I was the bad guy that had no clue. Prime example, tie ball game, runner on third, ball hit mid right field, situation was discussed before pitch and we were all yelling home, little miss deserve to play ignored everyone and threw the ball where???? The freaking maintenance shed that 60' behind third base and across the fence. She came in and when I got onto her, she looked at me and and said "you can at least tell me that it was a nice catch"! She has no idea how bad a player she is because she has always been given playing time and the reality was too harsh for her to handle....It still is. I don't look for teams where my daughter is the best at her position. You should give them something to work for which is actually the whole basis of this disagreement. Teach them about the real world where equal and deserve don't exist. Just my .02

Jun 1, 2013

I actually didn't read this before I responded but it proved my point. They don't know because they don't pay attention. They don't pay attention because it doesn't matter, they get to bat anyway.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

Would this vote be done at a practice or a tribal council by torch light down at the beach? :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234