Best bat for slappers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Looking for an answer to this:

I was hoping you could recommend the best fastpitch composite bat for slappers. My daughter plays competitive 16u softball, she is a small girl, 5'3, 90 something pounds.
Last year she used a worth 454 legit, she cracked it.

Thoughts ?

Mar 29, 2012
nanotech is balanced and has a large sweet spot. Doesn't have the pop of the high end composites but should be good for slappers.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
I think the xeno/onex is perfect for contact hitters. It has an exemption from the ncaa for 1400 psi compression test instead of the 1550 psi test that all other bats are held to.

See here
NCAA

Jan 25, 2011
I think the xeno/onex is perfect for contact hitters. It has an exemption from the ncaa for 1400 psi compression test instead of the 1550 psi test that all other bats are held to.

See here
NCAA
Only if you like to spend $300 more often. The use of the lower compression test, speaks volumes to me. LS has a quality issue by the sounds of it. Stay away, very far away from those bats, read all the time on here about issues with them. I would go with a 1 piece bat, miken or a anderson one piece bat.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Any bat that is not end loaded. Marc you have worked with my dd at a camp with Slaught and Carrier. ( Swifty) 18U college slapper. Team bat is the worth 454, her travel ball and high school bat were the CF4's. 5' 4" 107 lbs BMI 89.6 so she is not big, but it also depends on the slapper. If she can hit for power along with slapping then use a good bat.

Dec 19, 2012
Looking for an answer to this:

I was hoping you could recommend the best fastpitch composite bat for slappers. My daughter plays competitive 16u softball, she is a small girl, 5'3, 90 something pounds.
Last year she used a worth 454 legit, she cracked it.
Thoughts ?

Where did the bat crack? Did the Legit take a ton of handle shots? The 454 is a perfect bat for a slapper and it is usually very durable. If you can peel yourself away from the composite thingy take a look at the Anderson Rocketflex (Hybrid).

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Only if you like to spend $300 more often. The use of the lower compression test, speaks volumes to me. LS has a quality issue by the sounds of it. Stay away, very far away from those bats, read all the time on here about issues with them. I would go with a 1 piece bat, miken or a anderson one piece bat.

You aren't going to crack a Xeno slapping.
The Easton FS1 is working well for a girl on DD's team.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC

I agree, they are not as durable from what I've seen. We've sent one that rattled back and was replace without question. I think "Stay away, very far away" is a bit harsh. The only one I've seen break broke at the connection point I doubt it had anything to do with the lower compression. From what I've seen they last considerably longer than a year in a contact players hands. I would not recommend it for a power hitter.

I would prefer not buy a bat each year, but it seems we do. Winter workouts, spring high school, summer, fall, and more workouts take a toll on any bat.

I've never paid 300 for a bat even the onex just purchased, you just have to look for a while. If you can purchase in the fall you can get the last years model for a lot less. Most of the time it's just a different paint job for the next model anyways.

Jan 25, 2011
I just worry, when a company ask for lower test to be preformed, then others are. It cause me to be suspect on their failure rates. Where I work we test components from are vendors and we don't change are test between vendors. They must pass the same test or they don't get our business. Be the way in another post they are recalling onex.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06