10u bat recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2022
My daughter is wrapping up her first season of 10u and will be in 10u again next season. Currently she uses a cheap entry level 28/18 Easton pink sapphire bat. Hoping to get something better for next season and to practice with during the summer and at a few camps.

She’s more of a contact hitter vs a power hitter, she’s pretty small, 4’4” and about 60lb at 10 years. Not sure if 29 or 30 is recommended?

What would be a good bat that runs $200 or less? Or is there a model of one of the spendier bats that would be recommended to try and find used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2022
29 drop 11 used cf series or lxt. Do not and let me repeat do not buy a bat for her to grow into.

Haha definitely won’t do that. I’ve seen a few people in posts on here mentioning wanting to get a few years out of a bat or getting one to grow into. We won’t be treating the bat like clothing to grow into.

I had LXT on my list of bats to look into. I’ll look at both. Thanks!

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Just size it correctly, DO NOT buy to cover multiple years. I simply do the knob to sternum, arms out and close to touching end of bat... keeps it simple and appropriatly sized in my opinion.

Oct 10, 2018
At 10U I'd explore resale premium bats on Ebay/facebook marketplace - when they are that young they don't hit hard enough to use up the bat but it will be nicely broken in for your DD.

Oct 19, 2017
My daughter is wrapping up her first season of 10u and will be in 10u again next season. Currently she uses a cheap entry level 28/18 Easton pink sapphire bat. Hoping to get something better for next season and to practice with during the summer and at a few camps.

She’s more of a contact hitter vs a power hitter, she’s pretty small, 4’4” and about 60lb at 10 years. Not sure if 29 or 30 is recommended?

What would be a good bat that runs $200 or less? Or is there a model of one of the spendier bats that would be recommended to try and find used?

Not sure if you are still looking but I have a Marucci Echo 29/18 that I need to get rid of. Very balanced, light swinging bat. My daughter preferred it to her CF…it’s just too small for her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802