Best 1st baseman’s glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
She has longer fingers, so any insight on the fit of this one?
I bought it for me, and I have larger hands. Handstall is snug on me with the wrist strap at its widest setting. Finger length is not an issue for me, so doubt it would be for her.

I’ve heard several positive reviews on the GW, as well, but have never tried one.

May 19, 2024
Yeah that DCT that Lemond posted is definitely not a Liberty Advanced, those two should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence again!
Yeah that glove was absolutely terrible! She got it at around 11 and hated it almost immediately. I’m not sure where rawlings went wrong with that one ?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah that glove was absolutely terrible! She got it at around 11 and hated it almost immediately. I’m not sure where rawlings went wrong with that one ?
It's made for a certain price point and an easy break-in period. My daughter has one, and she likes it. Of course, she plays first very infrequently, so buying a higher-end mitt isn't worth the money for me, despite what @ANNASDAD might say. She has Heart of The Hide and Pro Preferred as her regular gloves and a gorgeous Nokona as a third backup glove.

Dec 12, 2023
It's made for a certain price point and an easy break-in period. My daughter has one, and she likes it. Of course, she plays first very infrequently, so buying a higher-end mitt isn't worth the money for me, despite what @ANNASDAD might say. She has Heart of The Hide and Pro Preferred as her regular gloves and a gorgeous Nokona as a third backup glove.
Nokona is quite simply in a league of its own. I have a pro preferred, HoH and A2000... and three Nokona.

My daughter has a couple of A2000 right now and really likes them. Once she grows to a little more stable size I'll be getting her a Nokona of her own.

The Edge series glove is the most comfortable glove I've ever put on my hand, the glove is sewn inverted so all seems are external, and it's extremely light.

https://nokona.com/product/p1-12-closed-web-infield-outfield/

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2024
Nokoma kangaroo hide gloves are my choice. Very durable leather which is also light. My daughter has a pitcher's glove bought 26 years ago. Still is in pristine condition. Awesome glove.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Nokona makes beautiful gloves and mitts, but they are very expensive. They certainly last a long time, though.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Was just on Nokona’s site, first time in years. Playing around on their custom builder….their prices are just stupid, no….damn stupid!

I can easily find twice the glove for a third (or less) of the price, heck I already have them!

$1160.00 for a custom, for half of that I’d buy a true Japanese Mizuno Pro Limited, Atoms, or a IP Select that’s twice the glove of a Nokona!

Yeah I love the made in the USA moniker as much or more than the next guy, but come on! And you guys never hear me bitch about glove prices!

I remember the Walnut series that all the big retail stores carried, they were heavy, overly infused with oil, and the inside felt like it was finished with a rough bastard file, they got floppy in a half a season, a real POS, and they cost more than a retail HOH or A2000, no thanks!

Flame on…

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Was just on Nokona’s site, first time in years. Playing around on their custom builder….their prices are just stupid, no….damn stupid!

I can easily find twice the glove for a third (or less) of the price, heck I already have them!

$1160.00 for a custom, for half of that I’d buy a true Japanese Mizuno Pro Limited, Atoms, or a IP Select that’s twice the glove of a Nokona!

Yeah I love the made in the USA moniker as much or more than the next guy, but come on! And you guys never hear me bitch about glove prices!

I remember the Walnut series that all the big retail stores carried, they were heavy, overly infused with oil, and the inside felt like it was finished with a rough bastard file, they got floppy in a half a season, a real POS, and they cost more than a retail HOH or A2000, no thanks!

Flame on…
$1,160 for any glove is crazy, custom or not.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Especially with a full page selection of exclusive Horween like this readily available, it’s like having a custom to your door in two days for $300.00!

There it is. Not a glove thread goes by without mention of Horween.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach