barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Excellent, thanks for the reply. If the rear hip is the power source, what should the feel be? Is it a glute/hammy extension? Aimed at the target? I only recently started to try and feel this extension after @Bonesaw had talked about it. I know that i have focused more on torso upper body power. So would be nice to give her another cue.

I think a distinction should be made between pelvic tilt and flexion/extension.

If you say anterior pelvic tilt I think this
fix-anterior-pelvic-tilt-poor-posture-250x300.jpg

If you say hip flexion I think this

figure-4-15.jpg

Big difference.

Feb 25, 2020
Bonesaw,

Hey your extending out front.

Not quite sure what you mean. (No doubt theres flaws there.)

I try to hit like 0 degree line drives because I'm scared of popping one up over the net and hitting the neighbors.(seems unlikely from video but seems very possible in real life haha)

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Not quite sure what you mean. (No doubt theres flaws there.)

I try to hit like 0 degree line drives because I'm scared of popping one up over the net and hitting the neighbors.(seems unlikely from video but seems very possible in real life haha)

I just meant that it’s better compared to some old swing thoughts and extending over the plate.

Feb 25, 2020
A member at a different site claims that the hands are/should be loose while reading the pitch. At swing launch the hands/forearms will tighten up, then loosen up and tighten back up going into contact.... he refers to this as “PULSE” it is basically very rapid contractions & the release of muscles in a particular body segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the re-loosening thing. After Launch I think the forces are so great that it doesn't matter what the hands/wrists do. They are merely connectors/hinges.

Feb 25, 2020
I just meant that it’s better compared to some old swing thoughts and extending over the plate.

Ohhh I gotcha.

I'm looking forward to seeing you hit some balls finally!

You deserve a lot of credit for posting your swing here. I followed (practicing myself) and I'm sure(know) a bunch of others did as well.

It's not easy. I feel like I look like Pete Alonso and then I watch the video and look like that, lol.