barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
Here, like this with no pictures....
Optimal fyb leverage.
Yes, if you stopped each clip at one frame before each of their rear elbows begin to drop, and you'd have the "FYB, leveraged" position from which they each swing from.

The start of the Bustos and Bonds clips are already past their actual/optimal "FYB" positions, and already into the beginnings of their swings.

The AJ derby swing he never gets "forward" in his "FYB", and simply posts up on his rear leg, and falls forward to swing...Miggy is "stretched forward" in that clip before he starts/transitions into his swing process.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
C'mon TDS, that's not an objective answer you can give to one of your students.

What in your words is the "best" position...what makes Miggy's better than AJ's? And no, I don't need anymore clips of HL hitters doing something, and you saying..."this".

Is this a good "leveraged position" to hit from?
View attachment 17575
Yes or no, and why?

Hell yea if its dynamic.. If one has to pause before swinging then no.

So your in the box like Yelich was on the up-in homer video..

If your moving out (riding the rear leg ) and read the pitch and realize its go time from this position you have no chance..

cFnROQQ.gif

May 3, 2014
Up and until a week or so ago I wouldn't have cared about being "leveraged". If you want your barrel path to be in the zone for a long time you are at an advantage having both feet in contact with the ground when you swing. Not 50/50 weight but both touching.

Edit - when you start swinging

Reactions: TDS
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Up and until a week or so ago I wouldn't have cared about being "leveraged". If you want your barrel path to be in the zone for a long time you are at an advantage having both feet in contact with the ground when you swing. Not 50/50 weight but both touching.

Edit - when you start swinging

I have no issue with that comment...

Apr 11, 2015
Hell yea if its dynamic.. If one has to pause before swinging then no.

So your in the box like Yelich was on the up-in homer video..

If your moving out (riding the rear leg ) and read the pitch and realize its go time from this position you have no chance..

cFnROQQ.gif
How do we know if Josh is even in the "FYB leveraged" position in this still? You've not defined what it was that let's us know what it is in your definition of it.

Hell, JD could be stretching rearward, and still pulling his rear arm/elbow up and back for all we know...we have no definition of what it is you're looking at to determine of this is the "best" position for him to be in at any moment to be FYB.

You remind me of SCJ Stewart...
images+I+know+it+when+I+see+it.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805