barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Don't be fooled by the Yelich still. He still has 2 ft of bat travel before contact. In this space he is going to get palm up. If you saw the video and not a still you would see him getting to palm up. Josh is not palm up at contact. That is the difference.
But Josh tries/preaches to get to palm up early even though he may not always get there.

May 12, 2016
James, unlike me you have a talent for explaining things coherently using easy to understand terms. I agree with you, you don't know until you really think about what the pros are saying with all the other components in place. It's true what they demo can be misleading, but it's also the truth which IMO can only be demoed by isolating what the hands actually do.

By any chance do have the video where you display down to with no posture?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
James, unlike me you have a talent for explaining things coherently using easy to understand terms. I agree with you, you don't know until you really think about what the pros are saying with all the other components in place. It's true what they demo can be misleading, but it's also the truth which IMO can only be demoed by isolating what the hands actually do.

By any chance do have the video where you display down to with no posture?

I think this was his attempt with no posture.. The hand/arm action looked correct.

xZVGm7d.gif

He was swinging within the s-plane fine but lacking posture.. Looks like he tried to stand up out of his posture and then swing down.

z8etjli.png

Jun 8, 2016
I think this was his attempt with no posture.. The hand/arm action looked correct.

xZVGm7d.gif

He was swinging within the s-plane fine but lacking posture.. Looks like he tried to stand up out of his posture and then swing down.

z8etjli.png
Is one of the swings mirrored or does he switch hit or am I seeing things? :LOL:

Feb 25, 2020
Is one of the swings mirrored or does he switch hit or am I seeing things? :LOL:

I didn't realize that James posted that lefty swing! He was anti-down/down to skeptic at that point?

If so that is awesome. I've had similar results(albeit just off a tee no machine here).