Anybody feel dumb when reading hitting/pitching forums?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I often wish I was as interested in learning about the stock market as I am in reading about hitting, pitching, throwing, etc. I would probably be a wealthy man. Or living in refrigerator box somewhere, I suppose.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I feel like the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know. I appreciate the technical stuff here because it helps me keep it simple. I've found that kids are progressing faster than ever. I've had parents ask me to teach their kid IR... I kind of skirt around that and focus on see/feel/copy. Is it important for me to understand the technical stuff? I think the knowledge has helped me greatly and I look forward to finding more ways to keep it simple.

Jan 23, 2014
I do! I know this site as tons of great info so I keep reading hoping that I will eventually figure out what in the hell they are all talking about. I could really use some cliff's notes.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I feel like the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know. I appreciate the technical stuff here because it helps me keep it simple. I've found that kids are progressing faster than ever. I've had parents ask me to teach their kid IR... I kind of skirt around that and focus on see/feel/copy. Is it important for me to understand the technical stuff? I think the knowledge has helped me greatly and I look forward to finding more ways to keep it simple.

^^^^^^^^This

Jun 18, 2010
When I first joined, I wanted a sequential list of steps to turn my DD into a great pitcher and hitter. Do A, then B, then C, etc... What I didn't realize was, in order for my DD to reach a certain level of success required a lot of learning on my part. In addition to learning, I also had to figure out a way to distill some very technical information.

You see it almost every day in the hitting forums, someone wanting a simple explanation of how to swing, but unless you embrace the process, immerse yourself in the information, read it, re-read it, look at hundreds of clips, the knowledge is very hard to gain.

For me, the more I read and study, the more I am able to see things I never used to be able to see. It was like looking at those pictures with hidden images and never being able to see what others saw, then over time I started to be able to see it.

hidden10.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer