LOOKY - LOOKY - LOOKY

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 24, 2020
Assuming you can use the 6 finger trap gloves in softball? - My glove game / knowledge is weak. Also is there a cheap version of the glove to test out. I was in a Rawlings store last year in the baseball section. I picked up one of these gloves, and noticed how easy it was to close.

Jun 19, 2016
I like the modified trap. Basically the same glove with a piece of leather across the top. I thing it helps for durability.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Is the ichiro trapeze web considers a 6 fingers trap?
I’m going to say no, but I’m also going to say I’m not 100% sure that’s the correct answer!

On the Mizuno, just like the one Core has, it’s actually called the Ichiro web! The center vertical post is actually laced to the glove shell itself unlike a Rawlings Six-finger where the center post is actually part of the glove shell. The Mizuno post is removable!

So I’m going to say the Mizuno Ichiro is not a Six-finger web, also the Mizuno has the lace wrap at the top of the web to reinforce the top bar somewhat similar to a Mod-Trap?

Never used a Ichiro before, but people say the Pro-Limited is a dream glove to use! You’ve got to have serious @CoreSoftball20 money to own / use a Pro-Limited!! They’re for the Elite only! ;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I have seen too many laces break to trust that design.
On a true HOH Six-finger trap glove? I’ve never seen one break, I’m sure they have I’ve just never seen it!

There’s quite a bit of give in those webs and there’s a lot of lace to help distribute the impact. And if it breaks, no big deal?

Jun 19, 2016
On a true HOH Six-finger trap glove? I’ve never seen one break, I’m sure they have I’ve just never seen it!

There’s quite a bit of give in those webs and there’s a lot of lace to help distribute the impact. And if it breaks, no big deal?
Not one of those but in gloves in general. You would probably have nightmares if you saw my DD'S glove. She uses a Akadema AJB 74. I have bought 5 if them on Amazon for roughly $100 a piece. They tend to get floppy. I have tried to get her in other gloves but she has resisted.

Jun 24, 2016
Not one of those but in gloves in general. You would probably have nightmares if you saw my DD'S glove. She uses a Akadema AJB 74. I have bought 5 if them on Amazon for roughly $100 a piece. They tend to get floppy. I have tried to get her in other gloves but she has resisted.

My daughter also used to own Akademas. New glove every year because they got floppy. Then I got to know Annasdad and that all changed. We’ve now got some All Stars, Easton Small Batch, Easton Professional, and most recently a Marucci Cypress for myself. I still haven’t gone all in and bought a Rawlings Horween, but these other gloves compared to Akadema are ridiculous. Once your daughter tries a new one, she will never go back to Akadema. They worked when my daughter was younger, but the quality just isn’t there in terms of the lifespan of the glove.

May 23, 2015

DD went through a couple of the AJB74s when she was younger. Big fan of that glove as I think it hits a sweet spot of not being dishrag but you can still get reasonable amount of quality mileage out of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28