Turning the Barrel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Finally an Antonelli vid that has some substance and insight.

Turn the knob deep’. ‘ palm up’ . This is correct.’ Barrel follows the knob’ Not turn the barrel behind you. Even everyones fave bbguy says it.

Hands to the ball. Straight line. Hands inside the ball. Direct path.

Funny how these guys all say the same things. Have a nice day dfp.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

Finally an Antonelli vid that has some substance and insight.

Turn the knob deep’. ‘ palm up’ . This is correct.’ Barrel follows the knob’ Not turn the barrel behind you. Even everyones fave bbguy says it.

Hands to the ball. Straight line. Hands inside the ball. Direct path.

Funny how these guys all say the same things. Have a nice day dfp.

Sorry, but it was my understanding that the "knob" and the "barrel" are connected. If someone is turning the knob, are they not automatically turning the barrel?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Sorry, but it was my understanding that the "knob" and the "barrel" are connected. If someone is turning the knob, are they not automatically turning the barrel?

Why sure. The barrel goes where the knob follows. Action/reaction. The barrel gets turned. Big difference.

So if the hands are turning the barrel. What takes the barrel to the ball?

Jun 8, 2016
Why sure. The barrel goes where the knob follows. Action/reaction. The barrel gets turned. Big difference.

So if the hands are turning the barrel. What takes the barrel to the ball?
So saying turn the knob (e.g. what Gwynn promoted) is ok but not saying turn the barrel?? Come on man...

May 12, 2016

Yes I have to agree, plus Antonelli is always talking about getting the barrel deep in the zone behind the ball, with a slight upward path. Sorry W=w I am not understanding what you are saying here. Are you saying that barrel should be above the hands with a direct line to the ball? I am not a big fan of SO much focus on TTB, I'm intrigued but I don't understand the approach you are explaining either?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles