Has the TTB concept changed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Antonelli has always been a TTB guy but in this video he seems to have eliminated the “snap” portion. This video implies that staying connected (barrel/hands/shoulder) is what turns the barrel and creates a shorter path into the zone and longer through the zone. Just wondering if the thought of snapping the barrel rearward has disappeared/evolved? I know some on here will say learn to use the hands or arms but Antonelli is saying something different.

Oct 2, 2017
Antonelli has always been a TTB guy but in this video he seems to have eliminated the “snap” portion. This video implies that staying connected (barrel/hands/shoulder) is what turns the barrel and creates a shorter path into the zone and longer through the zone. Just wondering if the thought of snapping the barrel rearward has disappeared/evolved? I know some on here will say learn to use the hands or arms but Antonelli is saying something different.

Seems to me that what he is saying, is what he has always said

Sep 17, 2009
Time-Stamped:

"It's short and tight and quick. The barrel is turning back. It is not attacking out here, not making this move (forward)."

Time-Stamped:

Here he is addresses the strawman of barrel turn as barrel dump

Have at it :)

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Time-Stamped:

"It's short and tight and quick. The barrel is turning back. It is not attacking out here, not making this move (forward)."

Time-Stamped:

Here he is addresses the strawman of barrel turn as barrel dump

Have at it :)

I agree with @RichK . Over the years there have been numerous narratives concerning what it means to turn the barrel. He addresses some of those narratives in this video.

Dec 11, 2010
Good video. Good explanations. Probably the best I can remember.

I hate the phrases “the barrel turns back”. And “behind the ball”. I think it could be explained without phrases that imho totally muddy the waters for all but the tech hitting folks.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good video. Good explanations. Probably the best I can remember.

I hate the phrases “the barrel turns back”. And “behind the ball”. I think it could be explained without phrases that imho totally muddy the waters for all but the tech hitting folks.
That's a good point. Personally I like "behind the ball" but don't like "the barrel turns back". People try to be more descriptive with their explanations, but in some cases it becomes just the opposite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles