Wild 48-47 softball score sets national record for runs in a game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
This right here, it kills me. I can't even imagine a 48-47 game... in our area, HS ball is great. I hate the what seems like the rest of the world has this impression of HS softball.

California has 37 million people, that's more than Washington, Arizona, Indiana, Illinois, and Colorado put together. Tie this into the fact that California tends to have a higher number of high schools with lower total student counts, and what you get is a LOT of high schools. In most places, there are actually more high school teams then rec ball teams in the same community, meaning that the HS game has a lower talent pool to pull from then rec ball. Then you have the problem of finding coaches for all these people.

All of this, decided by how some coked up politician decided to draw lines on a map and held in check by buckets of red tape and the general inability of state workers to do anything, or get any funding. So, yes, it's not exactly a ripe environment for quality girls fastpitch.

So now do you understand why some of us recommend travel ball for the serious player and leave the HS ball as a Jerry Springer entertainment replacement?

-W

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
California has 37 million people, that's more than Washington, Arizona, Indiana, Illinois, and Colorado put together. Tie this into the fact that California tends to have a higher number of high schools with lower total student counts, and what you get is a LOT of high schools. In most places, there are actually more high school teams then rec ball teams in the same community, meaning that the HS game has a lower talent pool to pull from then rec ball. Then you have the problem of finding coaches for all these people.

All of this, decided by how some coked up politician decided to draw lines on a map and held in check by buckets of red tape and the general inability of state workers to do anything, or get any funding. So, yes, it's not exactly a ripe environment for quality girls fastpitch.

So now do you understand why some of us recommend travel ball for the serious player and leave the HS ball as a Jerry Springer entertainment replacement?

-W

I've always seen the point because I've heard the stories. I can't fathom HS teams that bad, but I've heard y'all Californians talk about how HS ball is a joke so I've always had an idea. I've often seen the HS or TB arguments on here where people suggest TB, without a doubt, and without even knowing what the area is like. Here, our HS teams are great. The best of the best TB girls play HS along with other girls who are good enough to play TB. My HS team is full of players who are good enough for TB, but can't travel far enough to find it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00